Quote Originally Posted by wasana View Post
oh aged yet wise...

I read somewhere long ago about where/how to set the starting em but it has been lost to me. Reason I went with px is because I was so frustrated changing CSS without really knowing what the starting em was... In lieu of searching maybe I can impose upon you to offer us tutelage yet again. You really have enlightened me (and others I am sure) on CSS -- I can see Zen from here....not there yet...but ever so much closer

Thanks
1em = the current font size. The default font size for browsers is equivalent to 16px. Many sites, Zen Cart included, then reset this in their body tag to 62.5%. that reduces the default font size to 10px and so 1em becomes equal to 10px, 1.2em = 12px etc.

However, if you reset the em for a div, everything inside it will take the new value and if you do it again for something inside the effect will be multiplicative. So for example, if you changed font size to 2em (20px) for a wrapper and then set the font-size for a piece of text inside that wrapper to 1.5em, the resulting text would not reduce to 15px, but increase to 30px.