Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Ok, I may be totally off base here, but I thought that once added you could choose if you wanted the Manufacturer's "text" name to show or their logo .... in this store's case, its the Publisher of the comic. I set up the logo for several and plugged in a test comic, but as you can see, it only shows a bullet with the text name, not the Maximum Press logo...

http://www.nothingbutromance.com/thecomicrack

what am I missing? or was I misunderstanding what its supposed to do?

Thanks!

I should add that I'm not even sure if my images are the correct size, I took them from my other store, or that I even want the images to show instead of the Publisher's name, but I wanted to see how it looked to compare which I feel is best. Comic guys know those logos like the back of their hands, so I think images would be a great way to go...if it works that way and IF I can get it to work that way !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Version 3 of this mod contains a switch to allow you to choose between textual links or ones based on manufacturers' images / logos.
    Well, I'm managed to find everything but the switch mentioned here in this post. Any clue as to where it is? Liz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    Well, I'm managed to find everything but the switch mentioned here in this post. Any clue as to where it is? Liz
    The precise location is given in the readme file bundled with the mod.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

The precise location is given in the readme file bundled with the mod.
    Actually, no it isn't. I downloaded version 3 twice to be sure. The read me file in version 3 is for version 2. Liz

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.38a
    Manufacturers List Sidebox v3

I'm having an issue with the URL for the manufacturer's list. I can't seem to get the URL to show the manufacturer's name, i.e. "/store/audi". The URL comes up as "store/index/manufacturers_id/2". Is there a reason to it? Thanks for your help.

My other test install that does not have manufacturer list sidebox installed also can't show the manufacturer's name in the URL in the drop-down manufacturer's list.

My question is if anyone knows which file controls the URL creation for the manufacturer's name. I might have installed some other files which rendered this problem. thanks

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

@Kuroi, thanks for all the cool mods you develop.

Can you please help me add a number count to the manufacturers? Like how it would be if we were just using categories?

Example:
    ZenCart (3)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    Actually, no it isn't. I downloaded version 3 twice to be sure. The read me file in version 3 is for version 2. Liz
    I recommemd reading beyond the title (which is wrong, and has been corrected for version 4) to the section just below that gives the line number for the switch.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Svault View Post
    Zen Cart 1.38a
    Manufacturers List Sidebox v3

I'm having an issue with the URL for the manufacturer's list. I can't seem to get the URL to show the manufacturer's name, i.e. "/store/audi". The URL comes up as "store/index/manufacturers_id/2". Is there a reason to it? Thanks for your help.

My other test install that does not have manufacturer list sidebox installed also can't show the manufacturer's name in the URL in the drop-down manufacturer's list.

My question is if anyone knows which file controls the URL creation for the manufacturer's name. I might have installed some other files which rendered this problem. thanks
    Sounds like your using one of the SEO URL packages and it's making a mess of the manufacturer URLs in the core code. I would therefore expect it to mangle these too as they're basically the same, just presented differently. Are you willing to name the errant mod?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    @Kuroi, thanks for all the cool mods you develop.

Can you please help me add a number count to the manufacturers? Like how it would be if we were just using categories?

Example:
    ZenCart (3)
    No I can't. No way. Absolutely not.

(But if you watch the free software add-ons section carefully, you'll see version 4.0 appear with this functionality already built in.)

Plugin Contributions

@Kuroi, Thanks for adding this feature so quickly and thanks for helping me get it all sorted out. The new number count is great and works well!

The count is showing up below the manufacturer's name. Not included in the hyperlink. How would I move it up to appear right next to the manu name?

As far I as I know this isn't an issue with my CSS.

Much obliged

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast