Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,655
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

    Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    The count is showing up below the manufacturer's name. Not included in the hyperlink. How would I move it up to appear right next to the manu name?

    As far I as I know this isn't an issue with my CSS.
    The layout of the count is determined by lines 23-25 of the tpl_manufacturers_list.php template.

    To move this inside of the hyperlink, just move them to before line 22 (which closes that link).

    Currently they are set to be two spaces (each space is a " ") to the right of the manufacturer's name. If they are appearing below that suggests that the box is too narrow for them to fit on the same line.

    Moving them inside the hyperlink might resolve this - I have a suspicion that the links may not wrap, but would then overflow the box, or at least bite into its padding. Alternatively you could remove one of the spaces and see if that's enough to bring them back onto the same line.

    (The line numbers above refer to version 4.1 of the mod)
    See and test drive Zen Cart's free templates at zencarttemplates.info

    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

    (Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The layout of the count is determined by lines 23-25 of the tpl_manufacturers_list.php template.

    To move this inside of the hyperlink, just move them to before line 22 (which closes that link).

    Currently they are set to be two spaces (each space is a " ") to the right of the manufacturer's name. If they are appearing below that suggests that the box is too narrow for them to fit on the same line.

    Moving them inside the hyperlink might resolve this - I have a suspicion that the links may not wrap, but would then overflow the box, or at least bite into its padding. Alternatively you could remove one of the spaces and see if that's enough to bring them back onto the same line.

    (The line numbers above refer to version 4.1 of the mod)
    Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks once again!

    This mod rocks! Kuroi rocks!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

    I would like to break up the manufacturers list into sub-lists. For example: Vacuum Products and Sewing Products. I am using manufacturers_list_sidebox_3-0 with the current zencart release. I am very new to zencart as well as php and css so please...go slow. Thanks.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,655
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

    Quote Originally Posted by tnsmeek View Post
    I would like to break up the manufacturers list into sub-lists. For example: Vacuum Products and Sewing Products. I am using manufacturers_list_sidebox_3-0 with the current zencart release. I am very new to zencart as well as php and css so please...go slow. Thanks.
    Sounds simple doesn't it? Unfortunately it's not.

    The complexity is in the database query that you would need to write. The manufacturers table from which the data is drawn knows nothing about the types of products supplied by each manufacturer and so has no way of knowing which would go under which (or both) of your two headings.

    So you would need to write a SQL query to join several database base tables to get the information needed together in one place, and then use PHP to sort through it.

    There's not a slow or easy path through this. It would require at least intermediate level knowledge of SQL and Zen Cart's product and category table structures as well as information specific to your category structure. The PHP would be relatively straightforward, though a little more than beginner level.
    See and test drive Zen Cart's free templates at zencarttemplates.info

    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

    (Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Sounds simple doesn't it? Unfortunately it's not...
    Wow...Yuk. Ok, thanks for your input. At least now I can stop looking for ways to accomplish it.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

    I want to be able to use my htaccess mod rewrite rule for some of the manufacturers in my sidebox.. could you tell me if this is possible?

    For example instead of

    site.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=10

    I would want the link to be site.com/brand

    I have already configured my htaccess the right way, but now I need to make the adjustment to your contribution...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

    Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    I want to be able to use my htaccess mod rewrite rule for some of the manufacturers in my sidebox.. could you tell me if this is possible?

    For example instead of

    site.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=10

    I would want the link to be site.com/brand

    I have already configured my htaccess the right way, but now I need to make the adjustment to your contribution...
    Anyone?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

    Hi
    Please could someone have a look at the manufacturer sidebox I have here: www.jabulanappies.co.uk and tell me why the box doesn't go all the way round? i.e. there is a gap at the top...
    Any ideas? (I'm using future zen template).
    It's a really useful mod though, just want to tidy up the box...

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,655
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

    Quote Originally Posted by jabula View Post
    Hi
    Please could someone have a look at the manufacturer sidebox I have here: www.jabulanappies.co.uk and tell me why the box doesn't go all the way round? i.e. there is a gap at the top...
    Any ideas? (I'm using future zen template).
    It's a really useful mod though, just want to tidy up the box...
    It's not actually a problem with the box but with the template. (I'm not trying to shift blame, honest, I wrote both!)

    The image that is supplied with the template isn't long enough for the length of box that you have. However, it is possible to download the image source files from the downloads area and make it longer.
    See and test drive Zen Cart's free templates at zencarttemplates.info

    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

    (Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    729
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

    Hello there,

    Can this be turned to a manufacturer's page instead?

    Thx

 

 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replace tagline with list item menu
    By Simonuk in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7 Jul 2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Manufacturer list
    By tammyt in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5 Jun 2007, 09:14 PM
  3. long attribute list / scrolling list?
    By Shara in forum General Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26 May 2007, 02:00 AM
  4. How can I change the manufacturer list to a drop list?
    By maxima in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16 Oct 2006, 04:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •