Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Can this be turned to a manufacturer's page instead?
    The structures of pages and sideboxes are completely different. But the queries could be re-used in a new pages header_php.php file and the HTML in it's template, though you wouldn't want to assign it to a variable as you would be using it immediately.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I searched through this thread, checked the readme.html, and the wiki. I couldn't find an answer to this question. Forgive me if it is impertinent or has already been answered. I was wondering if this mod could be made into a dropdown rather than a bullet list. I have (gasp) 229 different manufacturers, so the sidebox is kinda...crazy long.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jdw1979 View Post
    I searched through this thread, checked the readme.html, and the wiki. I couldn't find an answer to this question. Forgive me if it is impertinent or has already been answered. I was wondering if this mod could be made into a dropdown rather than a bullet list. I have (gasp) 229 different manufacturers, so the sidebox is kinda...crazy long.
    This question is completely original but a little puzzling. The purpose of this add-on is to replace the default Zen Cart manufacturers box which is ... a dropdown!

However this may not be obvious since it appears on most sites as a scrollbox. In fact to browsers a scroll box is simply a dropdown that has exceeded the user-set or internal browser limit for entries and is therefore converted to a scrollbox to fix the height on screen. Your 229 manufacturers would exceed the limits for all browsers that I know and so would always be rendered as a scrollbox.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Well...phooey. I didn't know that browsers limited the number of items in a dropdown...I guess ya learn something new everyday...

It's weird though, when I'm the product listing, there is a dropdown with all of the manufacturers listed there. I was hoping to find something like that for my home page. And, I'm curious, why wouldn't browsers limit that product listing dropdown as well?

Thanks, by the way...

Plugin Contributions

Can't answer that as I've never seen your site (I assume that it's in development rather than the one you have now). But are you sure that you have a dropdown and not a scrollbox, and how do you know as it would require a very tall screen to display 229 entries? But if you do have this, I'd love to see it and pick apart how the browser restrictions have been circumvented.

Plugin Contributions

It's a dropdown...but it is limited to the number of manufacturers that are pertinent to the selected category - so it's not all 229. That's why it's able to display in such a fashion.

Here's the site...it's live, but I'm still working on it.

http://wilburnmedicalusa.com

Plugin Contributions

Didn't find any product listing dropdowns that would have been long enough to get converted into scrollboxes, at least in FF (though you have quite a few and I didn't check them all).

You can increase the number of manufacturers shown in the default Zen Cart manufacturers box by changing the appropriate value in Admin > Configuration > Maximum Values. I think that this will give you the effect that you are after (or at least as close to it as is possible).

Plugin Contributions

Wow...don't I feel like a dumb@$$. I changed the maximum value in the admin to 0, which forces a dropdown instead of a scroll box. And it did exactly that...thanks for the tip Kuroi. I must admit though, I feel kinda dumb when I kick something around for a couple of hours and then one of the Zen Cart pros tells me, "it's in the Admin." Lol...

This is me.

The ultimate lame-o.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys, I am having such a problem with this add on. For some reason, when u select a manufacturer, it just shows all products(unrelated to actual manufacturer)

Please please help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Develop&Promote View Post
    Hey guys, I am having such a problem with this add on. For some reason, when u select a manufacturer, it just shows all products(unrelated to actual manufacturer)

Please please help.
    Oops. Missed this request.

What you're describing isn't normal behaviour, so there's something unique about your site or your installation of this specific add-on that is causing it to operate differently on your site.

Unfortunately you've given no clues from which we can guess what that might be. A link to the site so that we can see the behaviour would be a good starting point.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast