Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    I have this installed, however, it is visually only showing 15 characters. I would like it to show at least 30+. How do I do this?
    I've installed this tonight with no problem. Looks like an easy plugin. Otherwise, is there any way to extend the max chars? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by donnafoo View Post
    I've installed this tonight with no problem. Looks like an easy plugin. Otherwise, is there any way to extend the max chars? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    /bonk

Yep. Gone to Admin > Config > Max Values > Length of Manufacturer's Name

Thanks for the great mod.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update on how to adjust the Manufacturer's Name for the Manufacturers sidebox ... always a help to others ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Once again it's IE causing pain (spelled AAIIIIIEEE!)

Thanks Kuroi a very useful contribution - I'm having trouble getting CSS to apply to the box however...

the edit you provided in the readme did remove the bullets, but I added text-align left and it worked in FF, but IE is keeping it centered.

The text style is also applying a:visited { from the stylesheet

I can't seem to figure out how to create a class to override anything else that is trying to apply to it --- I don't understand enough CSS such as <ul> <li> and <a class=>

Thanks for the help

Plugin Contributions

this appears to be due to padding (it is left justified but offset rather than centered).

I can't seem to track down the source of the pad or margin though.

Plugin Contributions

My apologies. I forgot about that old IE habit of adding lots of margin to UL tags. Silly of me, given the number of times I've explained this in the forums. Add the highlighted line to the CSS in the readme and take your text-align:left out.
    #manufacturerslistContent ul {
    list-style:none;
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    }
    and let me know how that goes.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I added a little bit of left padding and now things align nicely and look the same in both FF - IE... just to take up forum space I've included a snip from my stylesheet -- I want to make the text in the box smaller but it is getting ignored and reverting to a:visited from line 29 of the stylesheet
    How do we create a class for the <a class level that will supersede other CSS?

I know there is extra code in what I have but it might give clues to those intrested:
    }
    #manufacturerslistContent ul {
    list-style: none;
    list-style-type: none;
    font-size: 10px;
    background-color: #999966;
    margin: 0em;
    padding-left: .25em;
    }
    #manufacturerslistContent ul li{
    padding-left: .25em
    }
    #manufacturerslistContent.sideBoxContent {
    font-size:10px;
    }
    #manufacturerslistHeading {
    background-image: url(../images/navbarbackground1.jpg);
    }
    THANKS

Plugin Contributions

You're heading in the right direction, but with a twist against which i would strongly advise.

I recommend using ems for font sizes and pixels for horizontal widths especially, margins, padding and borders.

Why?

On the font sizes: most in Zen Cart are already expressed in ems and will scale in all browsers if a user who is getting on a bit (like me) and has dodgy eyes (like me) needs to increase the font size using browser settings (it's only a matter of time ). All browsers will do the same for font sizes expressed in pixels too ... except for your favourite browser, Internet Explorer. That will stick resolutely to pixel size given, even when all text around it is expanding nicely.

For horizontal widths: there are some nice sites around that expand nicely as the font size is increased due to well-judged use of ems for all dimensions. The Apple Zen template is a good example. But you really have to know what you're doing otherwise the results can be catastrophic. Here's what goes wrong. In Zen Cart the side columns are usually a fixed width defined in pixels (not always, but usually). If the text size is increased, it needs more space, but if padding is expressed in ems that expands too, leaving the text not more space, but less. The only place it can go is into a very tall, sometimes very thin, often illegible and always unsightly column.

Hope this helps.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

oh aged yet wise...

I read somewhere long ago about where/how to set the starting em but it has been lost to me. Reason I went with px is because I was so frustrated changing CSS without really knowing what the starting em was... In lieu of searching maybe I can impose upon you to offer us tutelage yet again. You really have enlightened me (and others I am sure) on CSS -- I can see Zen from here....not there yet...but ever so much closer

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

the box header has become possessed with a link...

the header links to product info pages that seem to be whatever the previously visited product was - but not presenting as the manufacturer's list - just to the product - and then if you keep clicking scrolls through the list (I only have a few test products so all characteristics not known) -

this is an issue because of font decorations visited/links etc -- and navigation confusion...

I tried looking at the tpl_manufacturers_list.php and manufacturers_list.php to see if I could disable any links and I actually saw this:

$title = BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS;
    $title_link = false;
    any ideas?

THANKS

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast