Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by wasana View Post
    oh aged yet wise...

I read somewhere long ago about where/how to set the starting em but it has been lost to me. Reason I went with px is because I was so frustrated changing CSS without really knowing what the starting em was... In lieu of searching maybe I can impose upon you to offer us tutelage yet again. You really have enlightened me (and others I am sure) on CSS -- I can see Zen from here....not there yet...but ever so much closer

Thanks
    1em = the current font size. The default font size for browsers is equivalent to 16px. Many sites, Zen Cart included, then reset this in their body tag to 62.5%. that reduces the default font size to 10px and so 1em becomes equal to 10px, 1.2em = 12px etc.

However, if you reset the em for a div, everything inside it will take the new value and if you do it again for something inside the effect will be multiplicative. So for example, if you changed font size to 2em (20px) for a wrapper and then set the font-size for a piece of text inside that wrapper to 1.5em, the resulting text would not reduce to 15px, but increase to 30px.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

the box header has become possessed with a link...
    Impossible to diagnose without seeing, but I'd take a look at what you have in your previous box. This sounds like an <a> tag not being closed in an earlier sidebox and carrying on until it find the next </a>, and very unlikely to be anything to do with this mod.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kuroi -

nuts and bolts understanding of CSS coming together thanks to you.
    ---
    I'm not sure what you mean by
    an <a> tag not being closed in an earlier sidebox
    could one of the other contributed sideboxes be impacting this sidebox? wow. I will look. Login sidebox had a glitch regarding making links on words that shouldn't have link - which in turn could have been caused by another box... maybe it's going to be a bit of a do over and uninstall some contributions.

Mfg List header link id'd by FireBug (my new best friend) as

<h3 id="manufacturerslistHeading" class="rightBoxHeading">
    <a _moz-rs-heading="" href="http://localhost/blahblahblah/index.php?main_page=product_info&product_id= numberX&zenid=xxxxxxx...
    "_moz-rs-heading" search on google - suggested a few things but nothing definitive. it might be added by Firebug when there is an html error - something about <a> tags round block elements --- another site referred to it as "pseudo-attribute-selector"

I did change the name 'manufacturer' in english.php
    define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'somethingelse);
    but not anywhere else and I don't think that is going to affect anything.

it is all just too weird but it is sort of a important bothersome issue - the sidebox mfg list is going to be a prominent feature of the site...

Thanks for the support - if I uncover a solution I will post. If anyone recognizes what might be going on I'd appreciate a word or two.

Plugin Contributions

I did change the name 'manufacturer' in english.php
    but not anywhere else and I don't think that is going to affect anything.
    Better tell us exactly what that line now says!

Plugin Contributions

Hi - I am pleased to announce that the problem is coming from another contributed sidebox. Once I diagnose whether I did it in edits or it came from them I'll let that forum know.

Thanks for the help - the one sidebox affecting another is something we mere mortals wouldn't have expected...

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to use manufacturers list sidebox but what I would like to have is a list of 10 brands and then another column and another 10 of them next to the first column.
    I would like to place it not as a sidebox but as a bigger box on the bottom of the page as shown on that web site: http://www.cherryculture.com/
    I don't know php enaugh to do it by myself. Can anyone help to solve that problem? I'm pretty much familiar with the structure of that sidebox and zencart. Thanks a lot in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Could someone direct me to where/how I would change the title "manufacturers" on the manufacturers box?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corelus View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to use manufacturers list sidebox but what I would like to have is a list of 10 brands and then another column and another 10 of them next to the first column.
    I would like to place it not as a sidebox but as a bigger box on the bottom of the page as shown on that web site: http://www.cherryculture.com/
    I don't know php enaugh to do it by myself. Can anyone help to solve that problem? I'm pretty much familiar with the structure of that sidebox and zencart. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Apologies, only just seen your question. This can be done and isn't too difficult, but would require some programming in PHP. I've seen this done on other sites and have added it to my todo list. But if you need it in a hurry and aren't ready to learn some PHP, I'd recommend the commercial help wanted section of this site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    Could someone direct me to where/how I would change the title "manufacturers" on the manufacturers box?
    Good question. I have added the answer to the wiki for this mod

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi,

I'm trying to attain something similar to my old layout here, but by using this manufacturer list mod. I previously created subcategories for each manufacturer, and that threw in a whole lot of strife in terms of duplicated content and everything else.

Currently I'm at this stage, where you can see the manufacturer list poking out the back of the top of the type column.

The entire left column has been set to display:none and I'm getting the manufacturer box to display in its current form by calling it in my /includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_index_categories.php through this code:
    PHP Code:
    * @version $Id: tpl_index_categories.php 4678 2006-10-05 21:02:50Z ajeh $
     */
    ?>
    <div class="centerColumn" id="indexCategories">
    <?php if ($cPath == '1' or $cPath == '2') { //show 3 subcat boxes

require(DIR_WS_MODULES 'sideboxes/categories.php');
      require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES 'sideboxes/your_template/manufacturers_list.php');
    } else { 
    //standard output ?>
    <?php 
    if ($show_welcome == true) { ?>
    <h1 id="indexCategoriesHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE?></h1>
    So, the manufacturer list appears in the main body of the page, but it is without a unique div id, so I can't style it in CSS.

Any recommendations? The code I am using to call the manufacturers list is seen in this post by gjh.

Thanks for any help!
    Headsonic.com.au - Headphones and Microphones for Australians

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast