Plugin Contributions

Default Turn Off Units in Stock line

Hi folks I want to turn the units in stock line off a selection of products - how is this done please?

Regards
    Jayson

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn Off Units in Stock line

You can turn it off for all products entered as a certain product type by going to Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Edit Layout ... "Show Quantity in Stock" and setting it to False.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi i have found what you are referring too many thanks. BUT is there a way that I can disable the quantity for a small selection of products that are listed as Product Type - Product General.

90% of my products are ok to have their qty listed/displayed but 10 other 10% i do not want anyone to see my qty etc. How do I do this?
    Regards
    Jayson

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is nothing built-in to do that. You could always write code to make it happen.

One approach could be to edit your tpl_product_info_display.php template and change the logic to exclude certain products. This is the code that does the display:
    Code:
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
    You could write some code to reset the indicated flag to 0 if the product currently being displayed should not show quantity.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Dr Byte but at the moment my coding skills do not warrant this so I will just have to wait until someone else submits something along these lines or I get the chance to learn more about the coding required.
    Many thanks for all the replies :)