Thread: Reviews

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Reviews

Hi I have turned on the reviews section, but cant find the bit to activate where a customer can write a review, can some one please advise, thank, Rod
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews

in your admin > catalog > product types > upper right 'edit layout"

find Show Product Reviews Button and set to 1
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for info, great forum, great people, thanks, Rod
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to cut out the customer's name when they post a review? I don't want to include any personal info on the review page, just the item they bought, the review comments and possibly the initials and state where the customer is from. Just a note to the previous posts in this tread, I have found that if you have your products deactivated after they sell out of stock and they "disapper" from your store, the customer has no way to come back and do the review as the product is gone. (Assuming you are using the Review option like feedback in ebay and have the customer complete the review AFTER the item arrives to them.)

Plugin Contributions

RummageGuy,

Also in the admin > config > stock > Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to > and set to "1"
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I know mine is set to show "sold out" so people can do a review but I wasn't sure where the setting was in the admin section. Do you know a way to edit the customers name so it doesn't show when they write a review?

Plugin Contributions

The customers name in reviews is not a admin setting that I have seen. and I am not accomplished enough at php to determine what statements might control this. There are 3 tpl files in the template_default/templates area that deal with reviews you might look at them
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    The customers name in reviews is not a admin setting that I have seen. and I am not accomplished enough at php to determine what statements might control this. There are 3 tpl files in the template_default/templates area that deal with reviews you might look at them
    It would be great to be able to show the reviews without the customer's name... at least not full name. What would be excellent would be to put the customer's first name and strip out the first letter of their last name.

I am not a programmer but just a user... this would be an excellent mod or added capability. Without it I am afraid I am going to have to turn off reviews.

Plugin Contributions

You can either comment out this section of code:

PHP Code:
    <div  id="productReviewsDefaultReviewer" class="bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDEDzen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BYzen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName'])); ?></div>
    in each of the reviews files or disable it using the stylesheet

#productReviewsDefaultReviewer { display: none;}
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Rather than change code, here is how I handle the issue of the customer's name showing (or not showing) in the review. I have the admin in reviews set so all reviews must be approved by me. When a customer writes a review and it's "pending" my approval, I go into the customer's account information and I change the customer's name to their initials. Before I do that I make sure I write down the customers real name so I can change the customer info once I approve the review. To do this you have to make the minimum number of letters default value as 1.

So, if this makes sense here's what I do once a review is submitted. The customers real name is John Smith. I go into the admin panel and edit the customer information so their name is J. S. I then approve their review and it shows up as J. S. to the public. I then quickly change the customers name back to John Smith so that when they return to shop they are using the name they originally signed up with but the review shows as J. S.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast