Thread: Reviews

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews, Average Rating feature

Quote Originally Posted by all4coffee View Post
    I took care of this problem by editing yet another file tpl_reviews.php where I just eliminated REVIEWED_BY field. The page showing all reviews shows the date added only which works for me.

After reading past posts I'm still confused about the avarage rating:
    is it or it is not a fuction of the Zen Cart v. 1.3.7 ? In the past Dr. Byte implicated that it might be... If so how to activate this function?

I'm having the same problem. Where is this file located: tpl_reviews.php?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews

How would you remove the model number from showing in the review of an item?

Plugin Contributions

I found it. You change the file tpl_product_reviews_default.php in:

/includes/templates/template_default/templates/

You change the line with:

<?php echo $products_name . $products_model; ?>

To:

<?php echo $products_name ?>

Plugin Contributions

Earlier in this thread, Seebra came up with an excellent way to just have the first name and last initial for commenters. But another Zenner had trouble implementing that code in the tpl_products_reviews_info_default.php file.

Here is what you need to do. Change the code around line 55 to this:

Code:
    <div id="reviewsInfoDefaultMainContent" class="content"><?php echo zen_break_string(nl2br(zen_output_string_protected(stripslashes($review_info->fields['reviews_text']))), 60, '-<br />'); ?></div>
    <div id="reviewsInfoDefaultDate" class="bold">
    <?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($review_info->fields['date_added'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php $thename = sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($review_info->fields['customers_name'])); $idArray=split(" ",$thename);
    $by=$idArray[0];
    $fname=$idArray[1];
    $lname=$idArray[2];
    $lnameuse = substr($lname,0,1); ?>
    <? echo 'by ' . $fname;?> <? echo $lnameuse;?>.
    </div>
    That works.

(I added the word "by" before the name because I preferred that. Change if you don't. )
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a - Database Patch Level: 1.3.8 - PHP Version 5.2.6

Plugin Contributions

Installed average product review rating - everything is turned on but when i tested by posting review, the review doesn't appear on the product listing page. where can i find to turn on the post ? thanks

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Reviews

Edit: i found the way to turn review status on. but the only thing is that I will not use review sidebox to show review comments. I want to be able to see review comments on the products' page which I click on either categories or nav item links. Any idea how to add review comments? help will be very much appreciated. thank you

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Reviews

never mind - by chance i found dgReview add-on. everything is fine except that I cannot use
    Code:
    <div id="reviewsInfoDefaultMainContent" class="content"><?php echo zen_break_string(nl2br(zen_output_string_protected(stripslashes($review_info->fields['reviews_text']))), 60, '-<br />'); ?></div>
    <div id="reviewsInfoDefaultDate" class="bold">
    <?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($review_info->fields['date_added'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php $thename = sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($review_info->fields['customers_name'])); $idArray=split(" ",$thename);
    $by=$idArray[0];
    $fname=$idArray[1];
    $lname=$idArray[2];
    $lnameuse = substr($lname,0,1); ?>
    <? echo 'by ' . $fname;?> <? echo $lnameuse;?>.
    </div>
    on tlp_dgReview.

Could anyone help with this one? I need to cut last name off on tlp_dgreview template

Plugin Contributions

does anyone know what the heck we are supposed to do to the tpl_reviews_default.php?

I was successful at making all the other pages work, but the main_page=reviews page still shows the full last name.

The code I have is:
    PHP Code:
    <div class="bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDEDzen_date_short($reviews->fields['date_added'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BYzen_output_string_protected($reviews->fields['customers_name'])); ?></div>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    does anyone know what the heck we are supposed to do to the tpl_reviews_default.php?

I was successful at making all the other pages work, but the main_page=reviews page still shows the full last name.

The code I have is:
    PHP Code:
    <div class="bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDEDzen_date_short($reviews->fields['date_added'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BYzen_output_string_protected($reviews->fields['customers_name'])); ?></div>
    Not to be obnoxious, but can someone please help me solve this?

Plugin Contributions

when I try to change this part ($reviews->fields['customers_name']) it messes everything up. What should I change the "customers_name" to so that it wont show the full last name on the reviews main page?

What's the point of this thread if it doesn't work on the most important reviews page?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast