Thread: Reviews

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews

Hi there, I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this issue, I'm new to this sorry. I have a zen cart 1.3.6 which in Internet Explorer kicks you out when you go to Write a Review. I think we have eliminated the session problem with a customer login, as this was also dropping you out once you had more than 1 product in the basket by changing the configure.php SQL_CACHE_METHOD to 'File', from None, as per another thread. But still the Reviews kick out the users? Any ideas? Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Nice tip i also sell on ebay and i would love to see my positive feedback on my reviews website ill see if i can make the same move that you did thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    I've been receiving complimentary emails from people that have bought my products from ebay and wanted to add more glowing feedback then ebay allows in 1 sentance and I wanted to add their comments to the product they bought as if they bought it off my zencart shop.

To solve this, I logged into the zen shop as myself, then cut and pasted their comments. I clicked on update and was told my comments would be reviewed etc.
    I then logged into phpMyadmin and clicked my database on the left and then clicked search in the main screen and searched for my name. I found my name in several places and the one to edit was inside table reviews near the bottom of the long list that appeared.

I then clicked on edit (pen/pencil icon) and changed my name to be the initials of the person who gave me the review and then saved it.
    Voila, the review is by Alison S and not by me.
    This was the first time I'd used phpMyAdmin and it was a doddle.

Thanks for reading

Steven
    https://www.tni-wireless.com

Zen Cart V1.5.4 with Tableau Responsive Theme.

Plugin Contributions

I tried the reviews tip by Nedward as well and it worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can now add so many comments from customers this way. Brilliant!

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a list of all reviews ever written displayed on a whole new page of their own, sort of like eBay feedback page?

Plugin Contributions

Stumbled on the answer to this by accident:

http://www.YOURSITE/index.php?main_page=reviews

Plugin Contributions

Intead of commenting tpl_ review files:

*?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($review_info->fields['customers_name']));

Is it possible to replace parameter 'customers_name' (which populates both first and last name) with parametr that populates only fist name or replace it with pre-defined text (such as "Shopper's review")?

Plugin Contributions

I will post it here too ... but try to ask in one location ... I get dizzy ...

Try looking at post #3 for just the customers_firstname vs the customers_firstname and customers_lastname combinging together when the Review is created ...

This will store just the customer's first name and leave off the customer's last name ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84346
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234