Thread: Reviews

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    RummageGuy,

Also in the admin > config > stock > Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to > and set to "1"
    I have this setting but my out of stock items still disapar when out of stock. Is there a diff setting I'm not aware of to fix this?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

You can either comment out this section of code:

PHP Code:
    <div id="productReviewsDefaultReviewer" class="bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName'])); ?></div>
    in each of the reviews files or disable it using the stylesheet

#productReviewsDefaultReviewer { display: none;}
    How do I change it to the Customers first name and city?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RummageGuy View Post
    So, if this makes sense here's what I do once a review is submitted. The customers real name is John Smith. I go into the admin panel and edit the customer information so their name is J. S. I then approve their review and it shows up as J. S. to the public. I then quickly change the customers name back to John Smith so that when they return to shop they are using the name they originally signed up with but the review shows as J. S.
    Does this work on 1.3.5? I could not get that to work. It still shows the full name!?!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Incense Sticks

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to cut out the customer's name when they post a review? I don't want to include any personal info on the review page, just the item they bought, the review comments and possibly the initials and state where the customer is from. (Assuming you are using the Review option like feedback in ebay.)
    I've been receiving complimentary emails from people that have bought my products from ebay and wanted to add more glowing feedback then ebay allows in 1 sentance and I wanted to add their comments to the product they bought as if they bought it off my zencart shop.

To solve this, I logged into the zen shop as myself, then cut and pasted their comments. I clicked on update and was told my comments would be reviewed etc.
    I then logged into phpMyadmin and clicked my database on the left and then clicked search in the main screen and searched for my name. I found my name in several places and the one to edit was inside table reviews near the bottom of the long list that appeared.

I then clicked on edit (pen/pencil icon) and changed my name to be the initials of the person who gave me the review and then saved it.
    Voila, the review is by Alison S and not by me.
    This was the first time I'd used phpMyAdmin and it was a doddle.

Thanks for reading

Steven

Plugin Contributions

Should have read entire thread before posting - oops!
    Last edited by Henrietta; 19 Apr 2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: oopsie

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I checked review and tell a friend from my web site. But the thing is after they fill out all informations, they have to enter the submit or send button. I do not see any submit and send buttom from my review and tell a friend site.
    Can you help me?

http://tndhairaccessories.net/index....id=5&x=18&y=14

Please check aboved website and someone please let me know how I'm gonna put submit or send button.

Thank youi.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to cut out the customer's name when they post a review? I don't want to include any personal info on the review page, just the item they bought, the review comments and possibly the initials and state where the customer is from. Just a note to the previous posts in this tread, I have found that if you have your products deactivated after they sell out of stock and they "disapper" from your store, the customer has no way to come back and do the review as the product is gone. (Assuming you are using the Review option like feedback in ebay and have the customer complete the review AFTER the item arrives to them.)
    Hi there! This may be a bit overboard, but this is how I did it. You have to edit both reviews files, and also the write review file.

Basically, on the write reviews, my code looks like this:

<h2 id="reviewsWritePrice"><?php echo $products_price; ?></h2>
    <? $thenamelast = $customer->fields['customers_lastname'];
    $theinitial = substr($thenamelast, 0, 1);
    ?>
    <h3 id="reviewsWriteReviewer" class="">&nbsp;<?php echo SUB_TITLE_FROM, zen_output_string_protected($customer->fields['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $theinitial); ?>.</h3>

Which gives me what I needed: Written by: Amy J.

Hope this helps!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - wouldn't let me edit to show the code change on the review tempaltes, which is:

<div class="productReviewsDefaultReviewer bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php $thename = sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName']));
    $idArray=split(" ",$thename);
    $by=$idArray[0];
    $fname=$idArray[1];
    $lname=$idArray[2];
    $lnameuse = substr($lname,0,1);
    ?><? echo $fname;?> <? echo $lnameuse;?>.

Which outputs Amy J. on the review pages.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews, First Name and initial only codes

Quote Originally Posted by Seebra View Post
    Sorry - wouldn't let me edit to show the code change on the review tempaltes, which is:

<div class="productReviewsDefaultReviewer bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php $thename = sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName']));
    $idArray=split(" ",$thename);
    $by=$idArray[0];
    $fname=$idArray[1];
    $lname=$idArray[2];
    $lnameuse = substr($lname,0,1);
    ?><? echo $fname;?> <? echo $lnameuse;?>.

Which outputs Amy J. on the review pages.
    Seebra,

thanks so much! The codes you came up with do work like a charm, except there is one more review page which still shows the full name for the customer. I placed the codes you provided in pages:
    tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php and
    tpl_product_reviews_default.php

I wonder if another code is needed in the third file which is:
    tpl_product_reviews_info_default.php

The list of the reviews (when you click "more" in tyhe reviews sidebox) still includes both full first and last name for the customer who wrote the review.

Would you know how to get rid of the small product picture on the left side of each review? Or at least add a space between the small picture and the text of the review? Looks a little messy now. Here is the link to my site.

http://www.time-co.com/zencart/index...n_page=reviews

I would appreciate your help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews, Average Rating feature

Quote Originally Posted by all4coffee View Post
    Seebra,

thanks so much! The codes you came up with do work like a charm, except there is one more review page which still shows the full name for the customer. I placed the codes you provided in pages:
    tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php and
    tpl_product_reviews_default.php

I wonder if another code is needed in the third file which is:
    tpl_product_reviews_info_default.php

The list of the reviews (when you click "more" in tyhe reviews sidebox) still includes both full first and last name for the customer who wrote the review.

Would you know how to get rid of the small product picture on the left side of each review? Or at least add a space between the small picture and the text of the review? Looks a little messy now. Here is the link to my site.

http://www.time-co.com/zencart/index...n_page=reviews

I would appreciate your help
    I took care of this problem by editing yet another file tpl_reviews.php where I just eliminated REVIEWED_BY field. The page showing all reviews shows the date added only which works for me.

After reading past posts I'm still confused about the avarage rating:
    is it or it is not a fuction of the Zen Cart v. 1.3.7 ? In the past Dr. Byte implicated that it might be... If so how to activate this function?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast