Plugin Contributions

Default Do I need to install Security Patch-new version

I got this reminder email about the security patch today. However, I just downloaded the latest version of Zen-Cart 3 days ago and installed it. Since this patch is referring to this post dated on August 17th...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43579
    It is my assumption that the patch was fixed in the download zip since that date and anyone downloading since then wouldn't need to do it again cause you guys already did it to that copy.
    Is this true? If not...when will an updated version be available for download?

Also the email mentioned, "soon-to-be-released v1.3.5 code"...I don't want to spend the weeks it will take me to customize this cart and figure out the stylesheets (I'm used to v1.2) and then have to go thru an update....so I might wait...could you please tell me when the expected release date is for v. 1.3.5?

Thanks!
    Diz

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Do I need to install Security Patch-new version

The Security Patch is for v1.3.0.2, v1.3.0.1, and 1.3.0 (with some updates suggested for 1.2.x as well).

The security patch is not part of the downloads posted. It will be included in v1.3.5 when it comes out.

No, there is not a date set. It's "soon".

You mentioned beginning an upgrade. You would be wise to start with that, since it will take you some time to get used to the new tableless approach. Play with 1.3.0.2, and when 1.3.5 comes out, you can do your changes "fresh" in it, with familiarity. You'll be glad you did.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry I am not understanding...where did I mention "beginning an upgrade"?
    I am starting with a fresh install of version 1.3.2. I would rather use v 1.2 cause I am used to it...but I decided to tackle the new version and the css changes...ugh.
    Are you saying that after I go thru getting 1.3.2 all set up when version 1.3.5 comes out I "can do your changes "fresh" in it, with familiarity. "...I have to start over with a fresh install?
    If that's the case, then I won't be upgrading to version 1.3.5...:>)
    soon can mean anywhere form 2 weeks to 4 months...LOL

Thanks for the answer on the Security Patch...I'm sorry there isn't someone that can take a few minutes to edit those files in the zip you have available for download...believe me, it will take me much longer than a few minutes...LOL

Plugin Contributions

I installed the security patch and now whenever someone tries to enter a discount coupon and then clicks to continue checkout, the cart contents appear, but the footer of the page disappears.

If people don't enter a discount coupon, checkout works fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GiseleGrenier
    I installed the security patch and now whenever someone tries to enter a discount coupon and then clicks to continue checkout, the cart contents appear, but the footer of the page disappears.

If people don't enter a discount coupon, checkout works fine.
    If you're referring to the security patch notice posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43579
    ...then you likely have created an error in your ot_coupon.php file:
    includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php
    - most likely a blank space/line at the top or bottom of the file.

You could alternatively upgrade to v1.3.5 which includes these fixes already done, and many more:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45177

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.