Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Re: Has anyone integrated jrox affiliate system with zencart?

Hi, I've just adopted JAM and having read this thread I'm almost clear in my mind about how to do it, but can you clarify something for me.

There are two parts I can't quite pull together yet. Part of what was asked was
    right. this is good info. so is it possible to set up different product categories in order to get different commissions to it and also have a default commission so if someone is referred to the site rather than a specific product,
    and the answer was
    Yes, you can setup a default commission percentage, then have specific commissions to different products using different links.
    In your reply you mention 'different products' but the question indicated 'product categories'.

The reason I would love some clarification is simply, In a 'category' we could have many 'different products'.

By defining a JAM product as a Zen Cart category with say, 10 products, will all 10 products in that group log the commission rate associated to the category?

Likewise, if we then create another JAM product as a different Zen Cart category, with a different commision rate, will JAM process all of the products in that category at the different rate?

And finally ...

If the whole store has a 'base' commision rate assigned to it, will JAM process the 'base' commision rate, say if a client is initially directed to one of the higher rate categories but then buys from an 'uncommissioned' category?

Thanks

Kev Polley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Has anyone integrated jrox affiliate system with zencart?

Hello,

If you have 10 products in the same product category as JAM, then all those products will get the same commission payout.

If you create a different product category in JAM, and your affiliates promote that link, then when a customer buys something in that category, the commission will be paid according to that second product category's settings.

For your last question, JAM can only process the product category that was sent to it, so if a customer comes in from your higher /second product category link, and does not click on the base link, JAM will only process the commission payout for the second product category, not the base.

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to integrate JAM. However without any success so far.

I put the JAM code in templates/MY CUSTOM/checkout_success/footer_tpl and filled in the lines in the system integration in JAM admin according to the instructions.

If I do a test order no commission is being generated. It seems that the code in the footer is not showing up at all in the source code of the checkout_success page. How could I make sure the JAM script will be running at checkout?

I have 1.3.0.2. Donīt know if it has anything to do with it, but I have made some minor changes to CUSTOM/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default to include order steps.

Please advise, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

if you use the footer file that comes with jam there shouldnt be an issue
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jroxonline View Post
    When a customer clicks on an affiliate link, a cookie is set in their browser that will help associate that customer to the affiliate.

In JAM you can specify how long this cookie will last before it expires. For example, you can set it to last 1 day, 1 month, or 1 year.

For as long as that cookie is available on the customer's PC and hasn't expired, whenever that customer buys something from your store, the affiliate that referred that customer will get the credited commission.
    What happens when the customer clears there cookies ?
    www.planetebio.net - Eat Right Feel Good !

Plugin Contributions

I īve tried exactly the same file in my test store (1.3.5) and there it does work! Donīt know which file is causing the script of JAM not to run in my live site....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    I ´ve tried exactly the same file in my test store (1.3.5) and there it does work! Don´t know which file is causing the script of JAM not to run in my live site....
    First, did you check and make sure that the affiliate cookie is set? Do this:

1. Click on an affiliate link
    2. Type in the following in your browser to see if it generates a test commission:

http://www.yourdomain.com/affiliates...&trans_id=test

3. If that generates a commission, then it should be okay.
    4. Run a test transaction, and after payment is made, view the HTML source of the page and see if the JAM code is embedded in the footer:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/affiliates/sale.php?amount=25.95&trans_id=id"></script>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnny43 View Post
    What happens when the customer clears there cookies ?
    If the customer clears the cookie, then no affiliate would get tracked.

You can, however, track by IP, if you want.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know how to set up an annual fee for the affiliate programs? I want to have 3 levels, the first one being free, but the other 2 requiring an annual fee to sign up for. I have all the levels set up, but don't see how to charge for sign up.

Thanks!
    Signs

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by signs View Post
    Does anyone know how to set up an annual fee for the affiliate programs? I want to have 3 levels, the first one being free, but the other 2 requiring an annual fee to sign up for. I have all the levels set up, but don't see how to charge for sign up.

Thanks!
    Signs
    Hello,

Affiliate levels does not mean "level for the same affiliate".

This means that you can have a downline up to 3 levels. For example, an affiliate signs up for your program. He's considered Level 1. If he / she refers someone else and signs up for your program,, then he / she becomes part of Level 1 affiliate's downline, making here a Level 2 affiliate. Now, if Level 2 affiliate refers someone as well and signs up, they become a Level 3 affiliate.

For each level (also called tier), an affiliate can get commission depending on who is in their downline. For example, if Level 3 refers a customer and pays, his / her upline gets a commission based on your commission payout structure per level:

Level 1 Affiliate - 10% (if you set Level 3 payouts at 10%)

Level 2 Affiliate - 20% (if you set Level 2 payouts at 20%)

Level 3 Affiliate - 50% (if you set Level 1 payouts at 50%)

Hopefully this answers your question.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast