Plugin Contributions

Default Win Server 2003 install issue - I can't get MySQL to work

I am attempting to install Zen Cart V 1.3.5 (09042006) on for testing on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise running IIS 6.0. I have installed MSQL 5.0.24 as a service and PHP5 (ISAPI) and they appear to be running OK.

When attempting to install Zen Cart I get the following error from the installs "System Inspection" - MYSQL Spupport = OFF

I am using...

extension = mysql.dll

in php.ini

Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Win Server 2003 install issue

Have you installed the PHP Connector for MySQL, which is needed in order for MySQL and PHP to talk to each other? This is not installed by default in Windows version of PHP.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the PHP connector, placed DLL's in my "c:\PHP5\ext" directory and changed php.ini to reflect...

extension=php_mysql.dll
    extension=php_mysqli.dll

Same results.
    Last edited by Bit_Twiddler; 6 Sep 2006 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you click on the PHPINFO link, what does it tell you about MySQL? (search for it on the page, and post the info wherever you find mysql )

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Win Server 2003 install issue - I can't get MySQL to work

Only shows "MySQL" in the path and evironment variables...

Path

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\php5;C:\MySQL\bin

_ENV["Path"]

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\php5;C:\MySQL\bin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

there should be several mentions, including an entire section on MySQL, about 60% down the page.

If it's not there, then PHP is not yet seeing MySQL ... not sure if you've put the extensions in the wrong folder, or not activated them in php.ini, or what.

You might find some assistance on server-configuration over at webhostingtalk.com

Plugin Contributions

this may help. 'twas eye opening for me.
    http://www.design-ireland.net/index....rowsing-11.php

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the MySQL = OFF issue.

Since MySQL is no longer enabled by default in PHP5. in adition to installing the PHP Connector I had to add the following environment variable...

PHPRC with a value of C:\php5 in order for the phjp.ini file to be available to Windows.

I had chosen to leave all PHP related DLL and INI files in one directory rather than place them in Windows etc. for ease of upgrading in the future.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

dbltoe thanks for the link- some good info