Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading your dB on Windows Servers - Important

I recommend that if you are upgrading your database on a windows server you ensure that your config files (admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php) are set to READ-ONLY (as they should be inb normal use anyway).

You can safely ignore the warning message that comes up during the upgrade/install process. The upgrade process doesn't require access to these files. But if you give it you risk your config settings being lost.

This is a PHP v windows problem.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading your dB on Windows Servers - Important

Fixes posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...163#post256163

(and was actually coding errors with respect to linux vs windows)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What an honest chap

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

NEW ZIP RELEASED with bugfixes included:

zen-cart-v1.3.5-full-fileset-09042006.zip
    at
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

kuroi - for information I'm pretty sure mine were set to read-only and still got wiped...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by patski
    kuroi - for information I'm pretty sure mine were set to read-only and still got wiped...
    I've not seen that. I've upgraded two windows dBs this morning with configs set to read-only without problem (plus one controlled test case with them readable - ouch). If there are circumstances where even read-only files can be wiped out, that makes it even more critical that people download or apply Dr Byte's fix.

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi - based on what you say then willing to accept they might not have been read only - this is the first time I've tried a Windows installation. Funny though that if they weren't then the error message saying they were writeable didn't appear?

Is that normal?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Patski,
    There was a bug in the code.

Grab the updated ZIP, and all will be fine...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr B I've done that - sorry I seem to be posting in two threads now. I applied the fix you mentioned and did a fresh reinstall and all okay except for telling me I need a db upgrade - version details supplied there. Does the new zip contain anything else?

And can you confirm whether a Windows installation will tell you if the config files aren't read-only? I've just tested and there is no message even with them not read-only. This may have been the case in 1.3.02 as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by patski
    And can you confirm whether a Windows installation will tell you if the config files aren't read-only? I've just tested and there is no message even with them not read-only. This may have been the case in 1.3.02 as well.
    Dr B I know it's been a busy day - just in case you missed this...

By the way the upgrade on a Linux server naturally caused no problems at all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast