Plugin Contributions

Default looking to go from 1.2.5 to 1.3.5

I am 100% new to this and doing it for my dads website. He would be devastated if i lost any of his customers data and the sites content so I need to do this right. Can someone let me know what has to be done? Keep in mind I am a newbie to this. Thanks.

-Jason

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: looking to go from 1.2.5 to 1.3.5

can anyone help me?

Plugin Contributions

Install the 1.3.5 in a totally different directory and do the install there. Copy the existing database and replace the new one with the copy of the old. Run the install again but just do the database upgrade. That should broing all the old data into the new cart. Tweak the cart to match what "look" you're after and then change your site to point to the new directory or copy new over old. If you copy new over old, you will need to change both configure files.

Plugin Contributions

Thankyou for your reply, i forgot to mention this was a new insallation, it was in a seperate directory and contained the new release only, i installed it to see what it was like, after that i thought i would use it and changed the configure files to point to my database, i then changed the permissions on the configure files and renamed my zc_install back to its original name and then proceeded to upgrade database.

It found my new database as it told me what it was looking at and what version, i then proceeded to upgrade database and that is how i got that error.

I cant understand how its coming up with duplicates when its never been ran on the database. The only other thing is, that database has had a sql patch ran on it to allow me to have UK Debit/Credit Cards

Rob

Plugin Contributions

sorry im loosing it here, i seem to have mis read something and posted in the wrong thread

Sorry

Rob