Plugin Contributions

Default Warning after upgrade

I just installed an upgrade to my zen cart and I have a warning at the top of every page now and I don't know how to fix it. I'm still new to php. The warning says:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/hardt3/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

How do I fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lynda Ray

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning after upgrade

1. if you just upgraded to 1.3.5, then you have not fully upgraded your language files. I can tell because the wording on that message was changed to add more details.

2. you need to change the permissions on the file so that it is read-only. You changed it to be read-write in order to do the install of Zen Cart. Now you need to change it back. You will need to use your FTP program of your hosting control panel file manager to change the permissions on the file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Warning after upgrade

How do you change the permissions of the file? I don't see anything in that configure file that says read-write or how to change permissions. I have never done this before so I need a little more help. I am using dreamweaver 8 and I went to the configure.php file and I have no idea what to change.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning after upgrade

You have to change the permission on the file system level. This can be either done with a FTP Client or using a web file manager that is provided by your host. (set permissions of the file to 444).

Here is a link how this can be done with dreamweaver thunder.prohosting.com/~sampieri/freefaq/g_perm.shtml#p_dreamweaver