Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default FCKEditor Problem

I have installed the FCKeditor contrib but it only seems to work on the Define pages editor from the tools menu but i am unable to get it working from the Categories or Products pages in admin.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FCKEditor Problem

Is this on a fresh install of v1.3.5 or do you have other contributions etc installed too?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No its an upgraded 1.3.0.2 install with quite a few mods everything else is working fine barring for the text editor side which is fine for the define pages editor but not for product and category text editors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FCKeditor will not work consistently on 1.3.0.x without significant code changes.
    That's why I suggested 1.3.5, where there is a working plugin built for it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Doc i meant a v1.3.0.2 upgraded to 1.3.5

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by boyemillar
    No its an upgraded 1.3.0.2 install with quite a few mods everything else is working fine barring for the text editor side which is fine for the define pages editor but not for product and category text editors.
    which mods?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Doc and anyone else reading this...

Done a winmerge on the standard v1.3.5 files and on my upgraded shop directory and noticed that my categories.php file was different to the v1.3.5 one. and looked at the differences which were mostly directed at the html text editor so quickly popped this over and all working fine again.

Cheerz for the help though...!!!

Plugin Contributions

in text Editor, if i do not use text_html_area and FCKeditor, are you have other editor? which other text editor can use very good!

Plugin Contributions

I am also having problems with both fckeditor and tinymce only showing up in the defines paged editor in admin.

New 1.35 install. Will list mods so far at the end of reply.

Per the instructions in the download area (would be a good idea for later reference in case of re-install etc to perhaps add the info as a .txt file in the mod),
    I uncommented both editors in the admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor.php page.

However in the My Store settings, HTMLAREA and NONE are still the only two options. I went into some of the preloaded products and it will just htmlarea and no other choices.

Since one user had luck comparing his categories.php file with the original, I did the same thing and mine came out as an exact match.

Any ideas?

Betty

Installed mods:

backup mysql plugin v1.2.10
    bettercategoriesezinfo v1.35
    column layout grid for product listing 1.35
    editor fckeditor pluging v1.35
    editor tinymce plugin v1.35
    image handler for vx2.0v916
    ez pages on sitemap v1.01
    improved attribute controller 1.1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Both editors will NOT appear in the My Store area in the "default" selection.

They are ONLY visible in the editor-selector pulldown menu on the various pages. The choice needs to be made only once per login session.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast