Thread: Accepting CC

Plugin Contributions

Default Accepting CC

I am not sure if this is the right area. Please forgive me I am new to this forum.

I am also new to ZenCart.

Previously the lady I was designing for only did Paypal transactions. Well she went out and got a merchant account with her bank.

How hard is this to set up to use in ZenCart? I have never done this before.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Accepting CC

Perhaps this article may help clarify things for you:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...chant_Accounts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good info on that page as DrByte suggested. However, in addition to that there are the P.C.I. compliant manual gateways. These are considerably cheaper than real time gateways cause they don't have any transaction fees and you are in control of what is entered into your merchant account at your bank and what's not.

Take a peek at these two http://payecom.com and http://e-path.com.au

Food for thought anyway.

Cheers

Jummie

Plugin Contributions

So in your profressional opinions what is the best options? We have a merchant account with Wachovia.

Plugin Contributions

Difficult to say without knowing your situation.

For me personally I reckon either of the two I mentioned are the way to go. I'm actually with e-Path and I too have a merchant account. I enter the transactions myself into the merchant account when they come through - pretty simple and very cheap way to do things. I like checking things first too befroe I charge the card.

But some will like the automation of real time gateway. For me the costs were too high and I had way too many charge backs when I had my real time system - that's why I made the switch and have not regretted it. But its "horses for courses" don't forget, the "real time" gateways work great for some - just not my "cuppa tea".

Not much more I can add. Read up on the different systems, what they mean, the risks involved and what they will be costing you each time you do a transaction.

Cheers

Jummie