Plugin Contributions

Default How to remove "Copyright Zen Cart..."?

I've got my store almost set up completely and ready to go, but in the footer it says "Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart. Powered by Zen Cart." I want to remove the copyright Zen Cart text (or really change Zen Cart to my own store name), If you need to see what I am talking about it is at www.shoptomlinsons.com. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much!

-Andrew

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to remove "Copyright Zen Cart..."

Zens Footer copyright info is moded at the "english.php":
    home/yours/public_html/yoursite/includes/languages/english.php
    FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright &copy; 2006 <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/" target="_blank">yoursite</a>. Operated by <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/" target="_blank">yoursite</a>

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr. Byte, I don't see the answer to the logo link question I stated. The below is your link you have direcetd me to read. It only addresses the changing of the actual logo. My question simply: I have changed the "logo.gif" and replaced with my own- if thats o.k?- but how do I get it to direct to a destination URL of my choice instead of [home]? Thank you for your consideration of an answer and reading of my post.

Kindly, candyapple

Link Directed to read:

How do I get rid of the "Powered by Zen Cart" and replace it with my logo?
    There are 2 ways to do this. If you are using an unmodified stock template and have a GIF logo you can name your logo 'logo.gif' and FTP it to the YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/ directory.

If you have made a custom template directory or want to change the logo's image format, go to includes/languages/english/classic/header.php

Make a copy of that file. Edit the image name for your logo, make changes in the "sales message text". Save the file. FTP a new directory(name the directory the same as the template you are using) to includes/languages/english/ and then upload your new header.php to the new directory.

Plugin Contributions

I've found that once you edit that portion of the php it seems to cause alot of errors or blank pages to appear when clicking on certain links ie:currencies and logging in seems to trigger most of the problems.. I suppose you just play nice and give the people credit who programmed the bulk of your site for you lol.

Plugin Contributions

It just means you did not edit the correct portion of code.
    It can be necessary to remove ZC copyright notice at certain places, and ZC does allow that.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Changing the logo and modifying the copyright are simple. If you want/need to edit php, use a good text editor like Notepad+ or Crimson Editor. Other editors may add unnecessary spaces to the file and the php processor doesn't like it.

This list is a bit outdated, but it will work. To create a very basic custom template (you can build from there), you need:
    • includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    • includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php
    • includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php
    • includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/header.php (to change the logo)
    • includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php
    • includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php
    • includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_footer.php
    • includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/logo.gif (or logo.jpg or logo.png)
    • includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css

Anywhere you see a /classic/ folder, you can create a folder for your custom template. You can copy the necessary files from either the /classic/ folder, the /template_default/ folder or the parent folder.

Edit includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php to give your template identifying information so you'll recognize it in the admin under tools->template selection.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Try everything you can to keep Zen Cart copyright in your footer if your environment allows.

If not, at least put it in your source code.

Last but not least, please don't forget to donate to Zen Cart if you use their hard working codes. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=14