Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Can you give me a screen shot of what you are describing? I really still don't understand... but I've never tested it without a shipping address

Plugin Contributions

ok the first is the order list page showing the red icon denoting a mismatch of billing and shipping when it shouldn't as the order is a download and the shipping address is not required.

the second image is the order page for that product showing that there is no shipping address in the shipping address space just the autofill button.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am trying to accomplish the same thing in another application. I have gotten as far as you guys. Is there anyway to generate the TOKEN needed to get to the next page? ultimatly I want to me able to scan an invoice into my application, read the weight from the scale fill in all the click-n-ship info, and select the correct shipping method. anyone got any tips or people inside usps?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cbusillo View Post
    Hi, I am trying to accomplish the same thing in another application. I have gotten as far as you guys. Is there anyway to generate the TOKEN needed to get to the next page? ultimatly I want to me able to scan an invoice into my application, read the weight from the scale fill in all the click-n-ship info, and select the correct shipping method. anyone got any tips or people inside usps?
    Forget about getting any REAL help from inside USPS. They are only concerned with keeping novices off their server. Their documentation states that they have sample code available, but when you ask for it they tell you that you have to write your own code. And get separate permission for every function you want to use.

Qhome said that his approach was a "hack" using a form POST to fill the fields. What you need to do is use an XML API to generate the URL request to the website. There is documentation available on the USPS which shows the form of the call you need to use.

I have been trying to find a good resource to teach myself how to generate the API from the XML info. As far as I can tell it should be very similar to the API used for some of the payment modules. If I can get USPS working I think I can also get Fedex and UPS the same way. We'll see.

Plugin Contributions

Also, is there anyway to get the tracking number back from the site?

Plugin Contributions

I would be very interested in the UPS code if you figure it out. I am writing an integrated pick verify, shipping, and order finalization system that updates our order system. If you find any resources on USPS system let me know, I can hack something together if I can find specs somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Also, is there anyway to get the tracking number back from the site?
    According to the USPS manual, the response to the XML API request will return the "tracking" number and the label image (as a Base64 encoded TIF or PDF). There is an option to receive only the postnet barcode image , not the full label image if you are printing your own labels.
    There are a lot more options when you look at the documentation. Go to http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm and download the PDF manual.

But remember, a USPS "tracking" number is ONLY a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION number. That is, unlike Fedex or UPS, there is NO status information available from the time they receive the package to the time it is delivered to the customer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    According to the USPS manual, the response to the XML API request will return the "tracking" number and the label image (as a Base64 encoded TIF or PDF). There is an option to receive only the postnet barcode image , not the full label image if you are printing your own labels.
    There are a lot more options when you look at the documentation. Go to http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm and download the PDF manual.

But remember, a USPS "tracking" number is ONLY a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION number. That is, unlike Fedex or UPS, there is NO status information available from the time they receive the package to the time it is delivered to the customer.

Believe me I know about the delivery confirmation. At our peak we were shipping out about 100 usps packages a day. we moved most of that volume to dhl's at home service.

Thanks for the links thats what i was looking for and couldnt find. does anyone at usps have a clue??

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the links thats what i was looking for and couldnt find. does anyone at usps have a clue??
    They act like they want to help, but so far nothing useful. The following is a response I received when I requested the sample code for unpacking the XML response which they offered in their manual:

Thank you for contacting us. The API examples in the User Guides are a foundation for building the APIs. There can be many factors involved in developing and implementing them. The USPS provides the services, but not development. In that respect, we do include XML examples in the User Guides, but these examples are only a starting point.

You may wish to "google" search for examples on how to build an XML request using your selected programming language, or refer to other resources related to your programming language. The core requirements for utilizing the webtools are to be able to build an XML request, transmit data over the web, and then to unpack the XML response we provide back to you.
    No sample code was received.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I too contacted USPS for assistance, but I got a reply stating something about "we do not condone the use of third-party interfaces with click-n-ship. Doing so may be illegal and we will forward this email to our technical services manager"

We are on our own I'm afraid.

As far as doing multiple pages. I got partially started using iMacros FF extension.. they also have an IE extension. That would probably be the only way for now. You could also get the tracking number back that way too.. its all pretty much screen scraping using iMacros

Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast