PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    Does this work with zencart 1.3.8?

Thanks
    It should work, tho there were a few minor updates to the orders.php file with 1.3.8 so I will try to release an official patch today.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome View Post
    It should work, tho there were a few minor updates to the orders.php file with 1.3.8 so I will try to release an official patch today.
    Thank you very much. I will just wait until you have released the patch.
    Zen Cart: 1.3.8a
    PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

qhome,
    THANK YOU..this is exactly the mod I've been looking for.
    It will save us a ton of time in order processing since most of our shipments will be Priority Mail Flat Rate.
    NOW..have you got the update for 1.38a ready yet?
    the latest I found on the download page was v1.1bagain.

Also, I'm using Super Orders 2.0 but I've made some mods to it (per fixes on the SO forum thread). Can I simply merge the 4 blocks you added to my copy of super_orders.php?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    qhome,
    THANK YOU..this is exactly the mod I've been looking for.
    It will save us a ton of time in order processing since most of our shipments will be Priority Mail Flat Rate.
    NOW..have you got the update for 1.38a ready yet?
    the latest I found on the download page was v1.1bagain.

Also, I'm using Super Orders 2.0 but I've made some mods to it (per fixes on the SO forum thread). Can I simply merge the 4 blocks you added to my copy of super_orders.php?
    I've got the main orders.php converted. I usually also add a SuperOrders version and a Info at a glance version, and different combinations of them. But if you do have other changes then yea it should be as easy as just copying the 4 blocks. I'll have the update ready later this morning.

Plugin Contributions

OK. I've uploaded the new version to the Downloads area. Might have to wait for authorization of the upload before its available.

Enjoy

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic!

Now all I need is a version for FedEx and I'll be all set.

Thanks again...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    Fantastic!

Now all I need is a version for FedEx and I'll be all set.

Thanks again...
    Ya i have been meaning to get back to that. Its unfortunately not as easy or as useful as the USPS because FEDEX fields are deeper into the form. But from what I had working, it was still decent.

I'll see if I can work on it soon.

Still waiting for authorization of the new USPS contrib version 1.2 in the downloads section...

Plugin Contributions

qhome,

Downloaded the latest rev of the USPS mod and found some errors, but they don't stop the mod from working:

1. The SQL file does NOT create the total_weight column in the orders table. When I created the column manually with phpMyAdmin and then ran the SQL query it was fine. Think you might want to modify the line to read

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `orders` DROP IF EXISTS `total_weight`;
    ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `total_weight` FLOAT NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1';
    2. The SO details page show a code glitch at the point where the shipping weight is shown:
    BOF: USPS.com AutoFill <==== ?> BOF: USPS.com AutoFill <==== ?>
    Total Weight is 2 lbs. 15 oz.
    Sub-Total: $32.45
    United States Postal Service: $6.65
    This is around line 764 in super_orders.php. Looks like an unclosed tag or something, but I couldn't find it. Also note that the second 'BOF' should be 'EOF'.

3. When I run the mod and it takes me to the USPS web page, everything is filled out correctly but I get an error message which reads:
    We're sorry! We were unable to process your request. Please correct the error(s) indicated below:
    We are unable to find any available service options for this label, please review your label and try again.
    However, if you ignore this and continue, everything seems to work fine.

4. I noted that this mod does NOT transfer the selected shipping METHOD to the form. This isn't a show stopper because the USPS module does NOT give the option of FLAT RATE Priority Mail shipping and so in many cases we will change the shipping method from weight to flat rate (and refund the customer the difference) where it is cheaper. But it would be nice if it showed it.

5. I had a mod in SO to force the details to show the weight and method with the shipper e.g. "United States Postal Service (1x2.5 lbs)(Priority Mail 2-3 days) $6.65" rather than simply "United States Postal Service $6.65". This comes from a suggestion in the SO forum, http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=851. I thought this might be causing the glitch mentioned in item 2 above, but it still occurred with your copy of super_orders.php.

If I can figure out how to solve some of the bugs, I'll let you know.

Maury

Plugin Contributions

qhome,
    Just a follow-up on my last message as I test this module. I am trying to write the step-by-step instruction manual for the store employees so I have to test each step in the procedure.

It seems that when I click on the USPS AutoFill button it generates a new instance of the USPS website. Does this mean that if I have several packages to ship I have to generate each label, print it, pay for it and sign out individually? The USPS shopping cart will hold up to 10 labels at a time, but I can't easily use that if each time I press the button, I make a new call to the website. Any suggestions for multiple labels?

In that same vein, if I set up an account with the USPS so that I can print labels WITH postage, there is no provision in the module to sign me in (username and password) automatically when I go to the website. That being the case, could we eliminate the call to the website from the button so that I could sign in to the website manually with my account name and password and then just use the button to autofill the fields in the label??

Maury

Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast