Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Well as a side step, I've been trying to use the iMacros FF Extension to create a macro that can read "data" from one site and populate it into a form.

It looks like it should work pretty good actually so it is possible that this could become even a more permanent solution.

I will hopefully have something done today, as I too have a good dozen labels to make today.

Plugin Contributions

I'm another person now suddenly struggling with the AutoFill contribution and USPS error messages. I'm on ZC 1.3.7 and have never had any problems with the mod until Friday, 4/21. We've found that international (outside the US) labels will autofill just fine, but the domestic (US addresses) will not. Perhaps that's another clue as to what is going wrong? I've got hundreds of labels to print, so any solution will be *most* welcome!

Plugin Contributions

Add me to list of people having troubles.

Thanks for taking a look at it, qhome.

Plugin Contributions

For me at least, the problem is related to the "trkConfirmEmail" form field.

For some reason, usps.com will not accept the "@" character in in this field. For a temporary workaround, I set "Return Tracking Email" to myaccountwebsite.com.
    When the usps.com form comes up, I just insert the "@".

Works like a charm!

Plugin Contributions

aha! Eloi you beautiful genius. That fixed it for me! I removed my value for "Return: Tracking Email" and it worked.

Plugin Contributions

I wonder how USPS could have broken that. I tried adding an escape '\' character before the @ but it copies the whole thing, including the '\'. But sure enough that seems to be the culprit for me. Tried a few times. Also tried re-arranging the inputs as I sent them, but it all goes back to that @ symbol.

Something so small and stupid causing such a big impact. Well I better add some notes to the download.

But I just want to be sure everyone else's problems are fixed by this.

Plugin Contributions

ok I must be blind! where do I find the Return Email setting?? I do not see it under the uspsautofill link on admin...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by foilman View Post
    ok I must be blind! where do I find the Return Email setting?? I do not see it under the uspsautofill link on admin...
    you are using the latest version?
    It should be labeled "Return: Tracking Email".

The 9th item down.

Plugin Contributions

Well I thought I was... but wasn't... just upgraded and changed the email to no @ sign and it works! Thanks!!! This will at least get me through for now, thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

Based on the above report on "no @ in email workaround" (thanks you guys) I did more tests and here is my conclusion:

Conclusion A: Their backend now starts to check for session TOKEN and packageID/labelID values.

Here is my thoughts on the flow of their backend logic:

1) When the form is submitted. Form validation is performed for form fields.

2.1) If form validation passes (all data are valid), the session token is checked. If there's no valid token and packageID/labelID, backend throws error as we saw lately and redirect to the Sign In page.

2.2) If form validation failed, backend redisplay the label form and give us a chance to fix the data. No token and and packageID/labelID checking.

Based on the above logic, I've Conclusion B:

Conclusion B: Using an invalid Email address is just one of the workarounds. Using any invalid data would do the same trick (for example making any required data "missing").

To verify Conclusion B, open usps_autofill_button.php and delete the following line:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="returnZipcode" value="<?php echo addslashes(USPS_RETURN_ZIPCODE); ?>" id="returnZipcode">
    And autofill works. Note you don't have to use an invalid email address with this test.

Now we just need to find an easy to fix field and intentionally invalidate it. I see "Shipping from ZIP Code" and "Size" very good candidates!!!

Wow~ analyzing a blackbox is fun!
    Last edited by linksys; 22 Apr 2008 at 07:06 AM.

Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast