Plugin Contributions

Default How To Customize Ups Estimated Rates In The Estimated Shipping Cost Box

Is there a way to customize the UPS Estimated Rates returned in the Estimated Shipping Cost Box. If a merchant has an account with UPS the rates returned in the Estimated Shipping Cost Box are allot higher (15 - 25% higher) than what the actual cost is to the merchant. The same is also true with the FedEx Shipping Module. Can the code be modified in the UPS Shipping Module to adjust the UPS rates returned by the UPS Shipping Module lower to makeup for this difference. Like taking the rate returned and multiplying it by 0.85 or 0.75. Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Customize Ups Estimated Rates In The Estimated Shipping Cost Box

If the purchase is finalized what are the actual charged rates?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Customize UPS Estimated Rates In The Estimated Shipping Cost Box

The shipping rate quoted is the shipping rate charged upon checkout. It would have to be modified during the showing of the estimated rate quotes box and at check out. Thank you for your response.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Customize Ups Estimated Rates In The Estimated Shipping Cost Box

What are your settings in
    admin > config > Shipping/Packaging > Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight
    admin > config > Shipping/Packaging > Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight

If you set these to "0:0" does this correct the difference?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

If the difference is not due to the Tare settings that Kobra suggested.....

Rates are generally quoted RETAIL.

The Fedex module that I use has an option to quote Retail or the Rate based upon my account discount, so it is NOT the same as UPS as you indicated.
    I'm surprised that the UPS module doesn't have such a checkbox to be enable rate quotes based upon your specific account.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Both are set to "0:0". I just need to modify the code to adjust the rates pulled from UPS site before they are shown in shopping cart. Thank you for your response.

Plugin Contributions

I was using FedEx to quote shipping rates for that reason of being able to quote actual account rates instead of Retail Rates. But the new FedEx Module requires that PHP be compiled with SOAP over SSL on the hosting server which I do not have. So I had to install the UPS Module which does not require that PHP be compiled with SOAP over SSL. Thank you for your response.
    Last edited by RJR; 25 Feb 2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling