Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Love the idea -- having trouble.

Followed directions for install.

All looks good until I press the "USPS Autofill " button.

I get the following error on USPS site.

Internal Error : We've experienced an unexpected condition.
    Error Tracking Number : 1209163543455

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks!

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Usually when there is a file in the zip that is named "IMPORTANT_README.TXT" you would want to read that right?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    Utterly simple fix for the USPS form problem (no software hacks)...
    Go to the Configuration menu for USPS Autofill.
    Set Delivery: Default Shipping from Same ZipCode (Radio Button) to "other"
    Set Delivery: Default Shipping from Other ZipCode (If Radio Button set to Other) to BLANK.

then when the form shows an error condition, just click the "Same as return address from above" radio button (or enter a proper zip code) and you are good to go.
    This will fix the problem

Plugin Contributions

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else...
    I have the "Return: Tracking Notify via Email (checkbox)
    Set this to true if you want to check the tracking notifications checkbox to receive tracking updates to the email specified." set to false, but yet I am getting tons of emails a day from USPS with tracking updates on my shipments. I see when I go from the autofill to the USPS site that the box does not get check, yet USPS decided they should be emailing me for every shipment I make.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Rich Fallon
    Foilman.com

Plugin Contributions

Haven't tried it set to false, but its possible they are just assuming that if you enter your email, you must want it.

Plugin Contributions

Well I can tell you that when I put in no email address I get that dreaded Error Tracking Number : 1209163543455. Maybe I will just have to set up a different email account for these to go to and clean it out every now and then cause this is annoying...

If anyone else comes across a fix for that please do share :)

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by foilman View Post
    Well I can tell you that when I put in no email address I get that dreaded Error Tracking Number : 1209163543455. Maybe I will just have to set up a different email account for these to go to and clean it out every now and then cause this is annoying...

If anyone else comes across a fix for that please do share :)

Rich
    You can use no email but still check yes to cause an error. or use a letter in place of a number for weight. Basically any error will make the form work right, doesn't have to be related to the email stuff, that is just the one I recommend in the readme cuz its easiest

Plugin Contributions

I keep forgeting to bring this up. I have a cart which we sell alot(75%) of the product by download. Those products don't require a shipping address and as such don't have a shipping address on the order page....but with the click and ship autofill installed the cart sees there is a mismatch with the billing address and shows the big red icon on the orders list page. The default behavior of ZC knows the difference and ignores the lack of shipping address. Its a minor issue with the mod but would like to see if its something I can get fixed at some point.

Thanks
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    I keep forgeting to bring this up. I have a cart which we sell alot(75%) of the product by download. Those products don't require a shipping address and as such don't have a shipping address on the order page....but with the click and ship autofill installed the cart sees there is a mismatch with the billing address and shows the big red icon on the orders list page. The default behavior of ZC knows the difference and ignores the lack of shipping address. Its a minor issue with the mod but would like to see if its something I can get fixed at some point.

Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand. You want to "fix" a little red dot on the order list page because you don't like it? The red dot is not a feature of USPS. It is a feature of Zen-Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am aware of the fact that red icon is supposed to be there when there is a mismatch of the billing vs shipping in a default install. In a default install when the product sold is a download and a shipping address is not required, the orders list is smart enough to know that and doesn't display the red icon. when viewing that order there will be an address in the billing section and none in the shipping, just like its supposed to be and it doesn't see it as a mismatch like it was designed to work........

Now enter the click and ship autofill mod.....

Now the same order with the same product that does not need a shipping address. there will be no shipping address on the order just like its supposed to be....but in the area were the shipping info would go, if it were needed, is the icon for the autofill, which is fine......but for some reason the cart now thinks there is a mismatch between the billing and shipping, when according to default behavior there is nothing wrong.

So my only conclusion is that in some way the click n ship autofill mod makes a change that breaks the default behavior and triggers the mismatch.

Now I don't mind a orders list with the red icons lined up down the page, but it does make it more difficult to spot order that do require shipping, that do have a mismatch of shipping vs billing.

Was that a better explaination of what I see vs what I expect to see? Do get me wrong I absolutely love the click n ship autofill mod, couldn't live without it frankly. I just wanted to point out my observation.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast