Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

No problem.

It's working at the moment! Previously loaded orders are still wacky, but the test order I just put in is displaying a fully formed order details page.

Again, thank you for this contrib.

My best,
    lichen

Plugin Contributions

qhome...thanks again for this time saving mod, and for adding the support for the backslash, which I truly need in my co. name.

Was wondering, if programtically possible, to add a USPS account name/ID and password to the mod configuration, then when after clicking the auto-fill button, all is filled in and you're already logged in, rather than waiting until selecting a shipping method, then having to log in. Those w/o USPS accounts can leave the config items for ID and PW blank, and it would perform as normal.

Just a thought to save a couple of steps, again, don't know the workings of the API to perform it...

Thanks again....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tcustomgolf View Post
    qhome...thanks again for this time saving mod, and for adding the support for the backslash, which I truly need in my co. name.

Was wondering, if programtically possible, to add a USPS account name/ID and password to the mod configuration, then when after clicking the auto-fill button, all is filled in and you're already logged in, rather than waiting until selecting a shipping method, then having to log in. Those w/o USPS accounts can leave the config items for ID and PW blank, and it would perform as normal.

Just a thought to save a couple of steps, again, don't know the workings of the API to perform it...

Thanks again....
    Unfortunately no. I can only manipulate the initial form page, which is basically a hack of making the usps.com site think you entered bad information on their page and forces it to reload with all your correct data pre-filled. After that you are on the actual usps.com server and my javascript that comes from the contrib has no other control on any other pages. So I can only do it to that one page. Unless we all beg USPS to put everything on one page.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Thanks for this great module. I managed to make it work in Firefox. Here is what I did:

In usps_autofill_button.php, move all the "document.write" statements except the last submit() out of ParseIt() function to the end of the file. Then change all these "document.write" lines to direct HTML code, i.e., remove "document.write". After this everything works under FF.

Plugin Contributions

Another change: querying the state abbreviation from database instead of looking up in javascript on client site. This is necessary for the Firefox change above since the form is generated by PHP code instead of javascript code:

Change the SQL to:

$order_check = $db->Execute("select customers_telephone, customers_email_address, delivery_name,
    delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb,
    delivery_city, delivery_postcode, zone_code, delivery_country,
    last_modified
    from " . TABLE_ORDERS . ', ' . TABLE_ZONES ."
    where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and zone_name = delivery_state");

Plugin Contributions

Sounds great linksys! I will try this today. Thanks a lot! :tup:

Plugin Contributions

Hey Linksys,

What did you use for + sCountry +, as that was javascript based.

Plugin Contributions

For that I just hardcoded value "1" (US) as our store is for US only. Can't think of a better way but the worst case is to define all countries into an array in PHP. I didn't check the zencart db schema but maybe countries are saved in a db table as well like states?

Quote Originally Posted by qhome View Post
    Hey Linksys,

What did you use for + sCountry +, as that was javascript based.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linksys View Post
    For that I just hardcoded value "1" (US) as our store is for US only.
    Heh i was afraid you'd say that

Quote Originally Posted by linksys View Post
    Can't think of a better way but the worst case is to define all countries into an array in PHP. I didn't check the zencart db schema but maybe countries are saved in a db table as well like states?
    Yea, well that's what I had to do for the javascript version so I guess i'll have to do the same in php instead of jscript.

Plugin Contributions

OK i sorta got it working for PHP now. I've quickly converted the functions from jscript to php syntax. The country is partially working. But I'm not getting the state to work tho. I think zone_code returns the Abbrev state (i.e. IL, GA, NY, etc) but my old code was checking the abbreviations against the number value of the usps form. So IL was value="13" which i cross referenced against the zen-cart state. Is the state currently filling in for you properly each time?

for the state value are you using:
    ($order_check->fields['zone_code']);
    or
    ($order_check->fields['delivery_state']);

? or something else?
    Last edited by qhome; 11 Apr 2007 at 09:16 PM.

Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast