Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Congratulations to v1.0! I think this is one of the most useful zencart modules, and would love to see a similar for UPS. I checked UPS's shipping source, didn't quite get it but looks like there's no single form to submit data to. For example, the address entry is using a separate page. qhome, any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

uuhhhh what is a sql. I am new to this forum and i dont know anything about the php or uplaods. so please try to either send me the link and show me where to put it.

I dont know how o do this stuff at all

Quote Originally Posted by qhome View Post
    I thought I made the readme file pretty easy. Just upload files, and install the sql. Thats it.

Plugin Contributions

NEW VERSION 1.0 !!!

Updates:

If upgrading from v0.4, you only need to copy the
    admin/includes/modules/usps_autofill_button.php
    thats the only changed file since v0.4.

• Firefox (and other browsers) now supported! Thanks to zen-cart member linksys for helping me set the code up in a more proper way with native html instead of putting it all as javascript, the contrib works with all browsers now.
    • Added feature to use the order_id as the usps reference number field for the order. It will auto-populate now (no config changes)
    • Rewrote/Cleaned up code to check the logic before running unnecessary functions (total_weight function won’t run if using fixed weight, subtotal query won’t run unless using the value for declaration/insurance. Removed some excess javascript code now that much of it is done with server-side php
    • Attempted to cleanup the readme file to make it easier to read/understand.

Thanks to linksys' tips, I realize now that I could have been using HTML for the form the whole time and use javascript for submitting the form. So thats what I did, thus making it super compatible with most browsers. I've tested it with quite a few more browsers now as well.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems.
    (Note that v1.0 is for zc 1.3.7 only)

I've attached a copy here until the download page approves the new version.
    Hi,

I'm using an old version of this, and would like to upgrade to this, however, I'm on 1.3.6...

Is there specific code that WON'T work in 1.3.6, that can be changed to work?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
    Hi,

I'm using an old version of this, and would like to upgrade to this, however, I'm on 1.3.6...

Is there specific code that WON'T work in 1.3.6, that can be changed to work?

Thanks.
    Actually, after thinking about it, v1.0 should work with older versions of zen-cart if you use the older version of the admin/orders.php file. That was the only core zen-cart file to really change for 1.3.7. The rest of the changes that I made to my code should be transparent. Replace all other files with the v1.0, including the database stuff.

You might get a database error about adding a table that already exists. Just ignore that and you should be fine.

Let me know how that works out and maybe I'll release a dual-version for both old and new

Enjoy!

Q

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jijizworld.com View Post
    uuhhhh what is a sql. I am new to this forum and i dont know anything about the php or uplaods. so please try to either send me the link and show me where to put it.

I dont know how o do this stuff at all

Hi jiji,

PHP is the extension of the files that you use to run zen-cart. They are dynamic code that use a database to populate the webpage with actual tangible data.

SQL is the code that the database uses to create/update/delete database data. This contrib adds some table data to your zen-cart database to work.

I would suggest reading up on some of the zen-cart documentation to get the basics down before trying any contributions. Also google php and mysql. It will help a lot to get an understanding of how it all works as it applies to almost all website scripts these days, not just zen-cart, and it is important to understand the basics before trying to patch new stuff to your store.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, after thinking about it, v1.0 should work with older versions of zen-cart if you use the older version of the admin/orders.php file. That was the only core zen-cart file to really change for 1.3.7. The rest of the changes that I made to my code should be transparent. Replace all other files with the v1.0, including the database stuff.

You might get a database error about adding a table that already exists. Just ignore that and you should be fine.

Let me know how that works out and maybe I'll release a dual-version for both old and new

Enjoy!

Q
    Well, actually, after I posted, I remembered that I'm ACTUALLY using it with the Super Orders contrib... which has worked pretty well, but we don't use weights for attribs. I use Firefox, so I really want to upgrade, as we need to use IE when we use USPS and this contrib (minor annoyance). I'll merge this into super orders, and see what happens, then post the results.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Plugin Contributions

Well, actually, after I posted, I remembered that I'm ACTUALLY using it with the Super Orders contrib... which has worked pretty well, but we don't use weights for attribs. I use Firefox, so I really want to upgrade, as we need to use IE when we use USPS and this contrib (minor annoyance). I'll merge this into super orders, and see what happens, then post the results.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Earlier on in this thread I released/attached a Super_Orders.php version of this file for zen-cart 1.3.6.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=46059&page=2

read that page for the attachment and some details about it. Back up your existing super_orders.php to be safe.
    Last edited by qhome; 13 Apr 2007 at 01:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Earlier on in this thread I released/attached a Super_Orders.php version of this file for zen-cart 1.3.6.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=46059&page=2

read that page for the attachment and some details about it. Back up your existing super_orders.php to be safe.
    LOL! After I posted, I went ahead and merged the snippets into my copy here... looked like those didn't change much or at all... THEN I noticed your note here.. Oh well.

It's working great on my 1.3.6 with Super Orders!

BTW, any chance anyone could add an option for insurance where there is a choice for "total" in addition to "subtotal"? Someone once suggested to me that we should include our shipping amount in the insured amount, so we can get reimbursed for our shipping costs in the event of USPS losing a package. Does anyone else do this? (Although we only insure the expensive packages... we self-insure otherwise)

Thanks again for a great mod! (and for posting the super orders mod!)

Plugin Contributions

LOL! After I posted, I went ahead and merged the snippets into my copy here... looked like those didn't change much or at all... THEN I noticed your note here.. Oh well.

It's working great on my 1.3.6 with Super Orders!

BTW, any chance anyone could add an option for insurance where there is a choice for "total" in addition to "subtotal"? Someone once suggested to me that we should include our shipping amount in the insured amount, so we can get reimbursed for our shipping costs in the event of USPS losing a package. Does anyone else do this? (Although we only insure the expensive packages... we self-insure otherwise)

Thanks again for a great mod! (and for posting the super orders mod!)
    Good to hear that it works.

I will add 'total' as an option to version 1.0a.

Here is a quick patch for you or anyone else who needs it now. Just replace your existing v1.0 copy.
    Last edited by qhome; 9 Apr 2008 at 03:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear that it works.

I will add 'total' as an option to version 1.0a.

Here is a quick patch for you or anyone else who needs it now. Just replace your existing v1.0 copy.
    Wow! That was quick.
    Thanks, I'll install it, and let you know if there are any issues.

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast