Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net problem - new install

Hi all, I am a recent Zen convert after beating my head on osCommerce for years. So far it's worked out great except one thing - my Authorize.net AIM doesn't work.

I have a fresh install with just some basic mods on a new domain. Shop is up and running, Paypal IPN works perfect. I loaded up Authorize.net and put in all the required information. Just to make sure I generated a new transaction key (using it on another domain, so it works).

I get the same result whether I am in test mode or production mode -

Error - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I have tried test mode using the auto-approve CC numbers and I get the same error. I have tried it in live mode with a bogus number and with a real card as well. All result in the same thing and I never see a declined transaction in my Authorize.net console.

Paypal IPN and Auth.net are the only modules I have turned on. I have tried turning Paypal off to make sure and still the same thing. cURL is compiled and it works on our other store (dedicated server, FreeBSD, MySQL). I am on Zen 1.3.0.2, I have not upgraded to 1.3.5 yet, I'd like to get the store working before I try to break it.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net problem - new install

No ideas?

Well, since the store is not working anyway, I'm going to go ahead and update to 1.3.5 and see how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, this is getting annoying now. I downloaded 1.3.5 and did a brand new clean install with a new DB. Set up shipping and payment - Auth.net and Paypal IPN - and tried some test purchases. Paypal is working perfect, Auth.net still blows up. In test mode the auto approve and auto decline number return the same error -

Error - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

Same thing in production mode. Authorize.net does not get the info at all. Doesn't show up in my admin panel and they say they are not getting anything from our site. This new domain is on the same server as our other site that runs osCommerce and Auth.net AIM works on that site.

Plugin Contributions

are you trying to use the same account for the OSC site and the zen cart site...
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I've called authorize.net and there are obviously other people with this issue. It boils down to them giving stock answers and not looking into it simply because they do not "see" it on their lower level. It HAS to be kicked up to the next level if more of us are having this issue. I installed on two different servers -- TOTALLY different and get the same answer every single time. Authorize.net is going to lose us if they can't get their act together quicklike. I would encourage you to call them too if you have this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    are you trying to use the same account for the OSC site and the zen cart site...
    Yes, same account. There should be no problem with that, you can use multiple domains on a single account.

Quote Originally Posted by jlclark
    I've called authorize.net and there are obviously other people with this issue. It boils down to them giving stock answers and not looking into it simply because they do not "see" it on their lower level. It HAS to be kicked up to the next level if more of us are having this issue. I installed on two different servers -- TOTALLY different and get the same answer every single time. Authorize.net is going to lose us if they can't get their act together quicklike. I would encourage you to call them too if you have this issue.
    It's not an authorize.net problem. Try this simple test - turn your Authorize.net module to Test mode. Then, use one of the supplied auto accept or auto decline numbers that are listed in the description. In test mode, you should be able to get one of those numbers to work. If those numbers don't work, then the problem is with either the module or the server set up.

You can also try a transaction in live mode. If your site sends the info to Authorize.net, then you should see a decline in your admin console. If you don't have one, then they never received the data.

I think the thing to do is have everyone who is having this problem post the specifics about their install and server so we can maybe narrow it down.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. who is your host?
    2. are you certain that cURL is working on your server? What steps have you taken to determine this?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1. I have a dedicated host at UIA.net in California. They use Plesk 7.5, which had issues running Ultimate SEO with more than 10k products. Not sure if that is relevant.

2. I have another domain on the same server running osC+Auth.net AIM with cURL compiled.

I seem to remember a script that rested for cURL functionality, I'll see if I can dig it up and I'll run it on that specific domain.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I tried something new this time. I found a post on the osC boards on testing cURL. It's pretty basic, it takes the code out of the Authorize.net payment module and tries to make a connection. If cURL is working properly you should get an Invalid Merchant ID or password error since we are not passing any data. Here is the code -

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $url 
    "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll";

$ch curl_init();

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_URL,$url);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_VERBOSE0);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_POST1);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_POSTFIELDS$data);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEERFALSE);  //Windows 2003 Compatibility

$authorize curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

$response split(","$authorize);

print_r($response);
    ?>
    When I run the script, it works and I get the error 13.

I also ran another script that tries to make an HTTP connection, as well as an HTTPS connection. This time I get a certificate error and the SSL page doesn't load properly. I am starting to think that it may actually be related to Plesk. What server admin software are other people using? Oh, here is the other test code to try -

PHP Code:
     <?
    /*
     file created on 2/23/2004 to test CURL
    */

function ssl_connect($url,$variables=0,$parse_variables=0,$test=0,$timeout=30,$no_headers=0){
        global $SC;
        define(UMURL,$url);
        define(UMTIMEOUT,$timeout);

// check for presence of CURL
        if (!function_exists("curl_init")){
            // only display CURL error message if it hasn't been displayed before
            if (!$SC['no_curl']) print "\n<!-- Squirrelcart Error: You are using a service which requires CURL, and it is not enabled on your web server. -->";
            $SC['no_curl'] = 1;
            return;
        }
        // if URL has https in it, check for presence of OpenSSL

$ch = curl_init(UMURL);

// set some options for the connection
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
        curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_TIMEOUT,UMTIMEOUT);
        curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
        if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3)) == 'WIN') {
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); // this line fixes SSL communications on some Windows servers (IIS 5.0?)
        }

//curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_VERBOSE,1);

// attach the data
        //print "query is $query<br>";

// run the transfer
        $result=curl_exec ($ch);
    if(curl_errno($ch) > 0) echo "<p style='color: red'><b>cURL ERROR#".curl_errno($ch).": ".curl_error($ch)." at ".__LINE__." in ".__FILE__."</b></p>";
        curl_close ($ch);
        return $result;
    }

print "<html><head><title>CURL Test Page</title></head><body style=\"font-family: verdana, helvetica, tahoma; font-size: 12pt\"><b>CURL Test Page</b><br><br>To test a regular HTTP connection via curl to http://www.ebay.com,
    <br>
    <a href=\"?method=normal\">click here</a><br><br>
    ";
    print "To test a secure HTTPS (SSL) connection via curl to https://adwords.google.com/select/
    <br>
    <a href=\"?method=secure\">click here</a><br>";

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['method']) {
        print "<br><b>If a page is displayed below, the test worked. Do not worry about broken image tags. As long as you have some output from the page below the test is valid:</b><hr width=\"100%\" height=\"2\"><br><br>";

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['method'] == "normal") $page = "http://www.ebay.com";
        if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['method'] == "secure") $page = "https://adwords.google.com/select/";
        $page_data = ssl_connect($page);
        print $page_data;
    }

print "</body></html>";

?>
    At this point I am pretty certain that it is related to how the server is set up and how the Zen Auth.net AIM module is coded. I am going to compare the osC module to the Zen module and see if there are any significant differences that would break the module. It is definitely not an Authorize.net problem.

Plugin Contributions

I found it! I'm not really sure WHY this problem is happening because the fix seems to be Win2003 related and I am on a FreeBSD server, but I'm not going to question it.

I took the cURL sections out of the osC Auth.net AIM module and the Zen Auth.net module and compared them. They were very similar so I built a new file with both sections of code. I started by commenting the known good osC code and uncommenting the Zen code until I got the error to occur. There is a Win2003 compatibility line of code that is missing in the Zen module that seems to be causing the problem. To fix the problem, find this file - \includes\modules\payment\authorizenet_aim.php

Find the line of code that looks like this (line 365 in unmodified file)
    PHP Code:
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1); 
    Directly below that line add this line of code
    PHP Code:
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEERFALSE);  //Windows 2003 Compatibility 
    That's it, that should fix the problem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast