Plugin Contributions

Default PLEASE tell me about credit card processing with Paypal Premier

The cart I had before Zen had the ability to take credit cards through Paypal from non-paypal account holders because I have a Paypal premier account. I have asked here before for help with this, but still haven't gotten a good answer. How do I configure this in Zen? Do I turn on the Credit Card module or no? If no, how do they know that they can pay via credit card in the Paypal screen if they don't have a paypal account?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PLEASE tell me about credit card processing with Paypal Premier

The option to accept payments from non account holders is set in your payment receiving preferenves on PayPal.

Do I turn on the Credit Card module or no?

No, it will store your customer's CC info on your server and not pass it on to PayPal. You'll get a confirmation email from your cart and nothing from PayPal. You'll then have to contact the customer and convince them that they really havent paid. Trust me on this one.

how do they know that they can pay via credit card in the Paypal screen if they don't have a paypal account?

Good question. There's probably a way to add that text or some CC logos to the checkout screen.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure I understand.

No, it will store your customer's CC info on your server and not pass it on to PayPal. You'll get a confirmation email from your cart and nothing from PayPal. You'll then have to contact the customer and convince them that they really havent paid. Trust me on this one.

So, if they haven't paid, how do they pay?

Plugin Contributions

By choosing one of the payment modules you have set up.

Unless you personally have some means of using the CC info, do not enable the CC module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kathy,

accepting cc on paypal is just another feature of the IPN.
    for those that have not really paid you can just send them a paypal invoice.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Okay, still confused...

I want to accept credit card payments from people WITHOUT a paypal account. Simply turning on the Paypal module will NOT make this happen, correct? Am I able to accept credit card payments through Paypal for people WITHOUT a paypal account? If so, how? I do have the Paypal Premier account specificially for this reason.

Sorry if I'm being dense...

Plugin Contributions

you have to go to www.paypal.com
    and in the payment preferences turn OFF the checkbox that says account required...

voila all done
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Log into your PayPal account and go to your profile. There's an option in Website Payment Preferences to accept payments from non account holders.

Don't worry about appearing "dense". I'm pretty new to this cart and my head is spinning from bouncing around trying to figure it all out. I'd give up my firstborn for a flowchart and some better documentation.

Plugin Contributions

I SWEAR I don't have that in my payment receiving preferences screen...maybe it's because I have the premier account, it automatically sets me to accept them?

and thanks, IHaveADotCom, I have set up lots of carts, but never run into this issue before because most of the people I set them up for don't accept credit cards from non-paypal account holders. As for flow-charts and documentation, I do have to say that this forum is a life saver...I just switched back from a different cart because their service and support was horrible and I paid a pretty good sum of money for it...stupid, huh? Well, it had lots of things that I had never seen with a regular ZenCart, but with the help of a few mods, I've accomplished all but one thing that cart gave me, so I'm doing pretty well.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

I have the same type of account. In your Options tab, Under Website Payment Preferrences, about 3/4 of the way down, you should have;

PayPal Account Optional
    When this feature is turned on, your customers will go through an optimized checkout experience. This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.

Have you checked out http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal ?