Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter Center V. 0.8 BETA

This is the official Newsletter Center Beta - it integrates Zen-Cart with PHPlist

General:
    PHPlist is a great open source software, just as Zen-Cart, that manages newsletters perfectly.
    The newsletter center code is an integration between Zen-Cart and PHPlist. It makes it easy to
    allow not registered users to apply to an email list easily. This code pulls all data from the PHPlist
    database -> e.g. which newsletter lists can be subscribed to, which fields are required for them and so on....
    Features
    • subscribe newsletter with/out account
    • subscribe to multiple newsletter list
    • get custom user input, based on PHPlist attributes
    • unsubscription and preferences changes only possible for actual owner of email address
    • optin email addresses user has to confirm his email address
    • easy unsupscription possible when following unsubscribe link in email
    • all powerfull features of PHPlist
    • and some more not listed here....
    This mod has a permanent download location, where you can always get the newest version. Visit Site

Please direct all question, comments, bug report, support or feature requests to this forum.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Center V. 0.8 BETA

A small typo fixed - if you downloaded a version before I posted this. Please be sure to get a newer version again.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Newsletter Center V. 0.8 BETA

I was very excited to see this mod. I have been using phplist for the last year, independant of zen-cart, and had just installed the newletter subscribe only mod when I saw this. I uninstalled that mod to install yours (as my list is almost 6000 users strong now, and I have phplist tweaked for this list without timeout issues).

I just installed it, followed the instructions, but I am seeing a fatal error when I load it.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: phplist in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 79

If I comment out the autoload config lines

$autoLoadConfig[51][] = array('autoType'=>'class','loadFile'=>'phplist_class.php');

$autoLoadConfig[51][] = array('autoType'=>'classInstantiate','className'=>'phplist','objectName'=>'phpli st');

in the config.phplist.php in the autoload folder, the error goes away, and I am able to run my site, but the subscribe function no longer works. The module loads and I can see it from my site, but then subscirbing errors (obviously).

I am running
    zencart 1.3.5
    phplist 2.10.2
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.17.6-ts.grh.mh.i386
    Database: MySQL 4.1.21-standard
    PHP Version: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7f

Plugin Contributions

I made a mistake in the auto loader file. Since all this progress I made, I changed the class file name a bit. The part where it states

PHP Code:
     $autoLoadConfig[51][] = array('autoType'=>'class',

'loadFile'=>'phplist_class.php'); 
    should be
    PHP Code:
     $autoLoadConfig[51][] = array('autoType'=>'class',

'loadFile'=>'class.phplist.php'); 
    Changing the download file....

Plugin Contributions

Ok, that fixed that error. I went through and made the changes to my phplist. Now when I submit an email from the sidebox, it takes me to a page with copy, and the email address filled in, with a continue button.

I click continue, and I get a nicely formatted page saying that the database connectivity isnt working.

Any clue what I may have missed??

Plugin Contributions

I figured it out. The application needs the path to the parent just above the config folder. I had my config pointing two folders up, to an incorrect folder path.

The newsletter manager reads the phplist config file, and if it cannot locate it, then it does not have the information it needs to connect to the phplist database.

Very excited now that I have that part working.

Onto the next issue.

I am finding that the configuration attributes aren't displayed the same as they are in phplist. In fact, only the first of the four I have configured in phplist is being displayed.

You can view this mod on my site here:
    http://www.izadra.com/index.php?main...tion=subscribe

and compare to how it is displayed in phplist here:
    http://izadra.com/phplist/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

Plugin Contributions

And a suggestion.

If there is only one list, the checkbox should default to on, or it shouldn't even show the list name, just set it as default as a hidden setting.

If I have only one list, there is no reason to make the user make a selection.

Greg

Plugin Contributions

Confirmation emails don't appear to be going out through this system either. They work correctly using my default phplist subscribe pages.

Plugin Contributions

I am already on my way to make display improvements. I will post an update later today on that..... regarding the email issue. Do you have a server log that says, that they were send out? - Maillog. Might want to activate the zen-cart email archiver and install the contribution, that lists all those emails in archive. You can find it in the download section...

Plugin Contributions

I am viewing the log. The email_to_name field contains the email address, and the email_to_address contains the word Subscriber. The email_from_address is blank.

This appears to be the problem (keep in mind, all my other email functionality is currently working).

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast