Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Center V. 0.8 BETA

I got everything installed and put put the paths in the config file per the instructions, yet when I open th elist in Zencart it says there are no lists to subscribe to.

Also did I miss something that puts the mailng list link in the info (or any) sidebox, or was that not included in the mod?

Also there is one more configure path in phplist that wasn't in the instructions, and that is the "forwarding" path. Is it supposed to be added like the other ones or left blank. I don't know if it's in the mod or not.

betty

Plugin Contributions

It looks like this mod has been abandoned for now, but if you get it working, please post the changes you made.

Plugin Contributions

http://localhost/zencart/index.php?m...tion=subscribe
    it shows:
    HEADING_TITLE

NO_NEWSLETTER_FOR_SUBSCRIPTION

but in PHPlist, there are some nesletters.
    who can help me?
    thanks a lot

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart and phpList do not seem to be working together in the installation that Richard at modyourzencart.com provided for me.

When someone joins the newsletter during registration on my regular website, it does not automatically include them in the phpList. The only way customers are being added to phpList is through direct request via Newsletter subscription.

If I could at least turn off the newsletter subscription within Zen Cart, I would be more than happy to...and just let them subscribe using the phpList box. But it would be MUCH BETTER if, when they register they could opt in to the newsletter at that time and then be automatically included into phpList

Plugin Contributions

Is this contrib in beta ? or is a new upgrade available ?

Thanks in advance
    Zen cart or nothing !!

Plugin Contributions

Seems like it has been abandoned, to bad because I liked the idea of using PHPlist in Zen Cart. I'll see if I can get it working, but it have to wait cause I'm swamped in work right now...

For me it's two problems what I can see so far. It doesn't sends out the confirmation mail as for gmoyle and the error page when no list is selected.

Plugin Contributions

This is a great add for ZC! I hope the bugs could be fixed.
    Or maybe this could be officially integrated to ZC?

Elli
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,

I know you all had been waiting bad for me to update and extend the code.

Unfortunaly I had been very very busy with stuff I do for my living. I already spent quite much time on it (around 30-40hours I guess) and I now found more time working on it.

I will be releasing a version tomorrow containing some fixes and added some functionality so it gets better integrated and more user friendly.

So stay tuned.

PS: I really appreciate any donations (none received yet tho . Don't forget to donate to Zen-Cart ofcourse.)

Plugin Contributions

It's interesting that I finally find my own solution to get this working in zencart, and you post today about updates tomorrow.

I may try your update as I do have other sites to place phplist on, but I grew frustrated long ago about no updates. Either or, it's strange, I got everything to work properly on one site back in January, and for the life of me have never gotten it to work on any other site. Pure Luck I gather.

Anyway, my solution to integrating phplist into zencart is this:

Install phplist, be sure the setup is working, create your list(s), and your subscribe pages.

Make a trial run, install a subscriber to be sure it's working properly.

Next,

Go to Zencart admin,

Tools | Ezpages

Create an ezpage for the newsletter, I named mine Newsletter Central.

I placed the code for an iframe into the description box as this:

<p align="center">
    <iframe id="ifrm" name="ifrm" src="http://www.myurl.com/pathto/lists//?p=subscribe" scrolling="no" width="450" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

(change myurl.com to your url and pathto to your path)

It will then load all phplist pages into the iframe when clicked on. I created my own custom subscribe page according to phplists documentation on how to create a custom subscribe page, so my iframe looks like:

<p align="center">
    <iframe id="ifrm" name="ifrm" src="http://www.myurl.com/lists/subscribe.htm" scrolling="no" width="450" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

This makes phplist look better than it's bland subscribe/unsub/ and preferences pages.

It also adds a link to your "header, footer, sidebox" or wherever you tell it to on the ezpages areas.

My reasons for using an iframe were because without it, when it takes you to the thank you page, or unsub pages, or even the preference page, there is no way I have found to customize these by themselves, so placing them in a iframe keeps the colors and design of site in place, with them out of the iframe it does not do that.

Please note, I have no solution to make confirm emails work, but this gets past the problem of having the page bounce back when the signup that doesn't work goes back to the subscribe page. If you can live with the customer not confirming the subscribe, phplist will work fine otherwise.

Marian

Plugin Contributions

Seamstobesew,

if you are happy with the solution you have developed and it works for you as optimal as possible... then so be it.

For all others: the new version of Newsletter Center V 0.9 is now available for download. It includes the bug fixes mentioned here, as well as some code cleanup, some things of the todo list worked off and a few functions added to the script.

For more details see the readme in the download.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast