Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Default [Old] Royal Mail Modules

Evening,

Based on previous works and ports I have created a really big royal mail module for those in the UK. Currently it deals consists of separate modules for the following services:

Royal Mail 1st Class
    Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter
    Royal Mail 1st Class Packet
    Royal Mail specialdelivery Next Day service
    Royal Mail specialdelivery 9am service
    Royal Mail Airmail
    Royal Mail Airmail International Signed For
    Royal Mail Airsure (limited to the 24 countries as defined by the Royal mail).

So that you can choose exactly which to offer to which customer, plus the most recent thread I read was very useful in that it used the Zone system, but now that the royal mail has changed to size limits, this should prove more useful. Also by splitting out the services it the benefit of being able to offer more than one such as "1st Class" and "special delivery" whereas the Zone system and the previous royalmail.php were one service only.

it can be downloaded here

http://bouncing.org/big_royalmail.zip

I shall be adding the cheaper 1st class signed for services at a later date.

Thank you

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

This was graciously approved by "the team" last night and can be downloaded from the downloads > shipping modules section or by following this link:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=294

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hey! This is great - thanks. I spent most of last night looking at the default "table" shipping module and finding the information in this very forum about how to duplicate it to create additional modules for the various Royal Mail services.

However I am stuck at a certain point - I want to be able to limit the postage services offered by the VALUE of the total order. For example it would be unwise to send valuable product via 1st class post, but no problem to send it via, say, Special Delivery.

I assume there is a variable available to the shipping modules which gives the total order value and they could then turn themselves off where not appropriate (for example I notice the default table rate module does this where the order weight is zero).

So for example - if the limit for first class was set at 50UKP, the module would calculated and display postage based on its weight table ONLY where the total money value of the order was <50UKP.

Perhaps someone has already done this? I'd be interested to know!

Regards,
    David Spink

Evening,

Today I've put in the second prices for everything and will be working on the "signed for" first class services tonight.

I would suggest that I by default do a limit of 32 GBP for first class because that's the maximum that is insured by, by the post office if you get a "proof of postage". I'll look at that once I've finished the set, so probably over the next 3 days.

Thank you Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Philip,
    Fantastic effort - thank you so much! This is going to save me alot of figuring out that I wasn't looking forward to!

Regards,
    David

This has now been updated to version 1.1 with the addition 1st calls signed for pricing added, plus the 2nd class tariffs.

Royal Mail 1st Class
    Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter
    Royal Mail 1st Class Packet
    Royal Mail 1st Class "signed for"
    Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter "signed for"
    Royal Mail 1st Class Packet "signed for"
    Royal Mail 2nd Class
    Royal Mail 2nd Class Large Letter
    Royal Mail 2nd Class Packet
    Royal Mail specialdelivery Next Day service
    Royal Mail specialdelivery 9am service
    Royal Mail Airmail
    Royal Mail Airmail International Signed For
    Royal Mail Airsure (limited to the 24 countries as defined by the Royal mail).

It is available for direct download from

http://bouncing.org/big_royalmail.zip

and has been submitted to the downloads area here as well

The next step in development will be setting minimum and maximum order values for royal mail service offered as suggested above,

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - this looks like an excellent mod and just what we've been needing in the UK :)

Could I add a further request to what's already been mentioned above?

At present, all of the options appear on the shopping cart/on checkout no matter what country the customer is from.

Could options that don't apply be set not to show? - eg. if you're a UK customer you don't need to see the airmail options, and if you're a customer from the EEC you don't need to see the Royal Mail (UK) First Class etc. options.

This would make the checkout and shopping cart screens much neater and easier for the customer to understand.

Evening,

I agree with you entirely, it will require work on the checkout_shipping template though so will require a backup of your own personal custom templates. I'd say that that should be ready by the end of the week,

Thanks

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks and Great work, this is just what i needed.

Is there any chance of a future Parcelforce service for our heavy items?

Plugin Contributions

That would be really useful - thank you

Just had another thought, following on from the point zigzak raised above in respect of first class value limits.

Looking at Royal Mail's website, airmail is also only covered up to £32, after that you need to use 'Airsure' (extra insurance, but no signature) or 'International Signed For' (extra insurance plus signature).

Would it be possible to also make standard airmail disappear for orders over £32?

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast