Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hi,

Can someone help me with this. I'm just working my way through setting up ukzr.

Looking at zone 3. Northern Ireland, Isle of Mann & Isles of Scilly.

Under Zones, I already have Country - Northern Ireland with appropriate zones for each county.

Are you saying for the purposes for 'zoning', I add Isle of Mann and Isles of Scilly into Northern Ireland.

So that means the 'county drop down box' for the 'country' Northern Ireland will contain Isle of Mann and Isles of Scilly?

Thanks
    Alan

Afternoon,

Nope, you would add the zone to the UKZR zone 3 definition, it won't add them to the drop down box for Northern Ireland, so you ckick on locations/ taxes > zone definitions > details button > insert button and add the isles of man/ scilly and then the counties of Ireland that you also have listed in "United Kingdom" in the pdf file.

Thank you

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just looking through Zone 2 : Scottish Highlands and Islands.

Is it right that in 'Zones', I create a new country called 'Scottish Highland and Islands', and put in the zones from 'zone 2' from the PDF.

Also in Zone Definitions, I go into "Zone 2 : Scottish Highlands and Islands" -> Details, and add the country "Scottish Highland and Islands' with all zones.

Is that right?

Thanks
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

HI,
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingltd View Post
    Nope, you would add the zone to the UKZR zone 3 definition, it won't add them to the drop down box for Northern Ireland, so you ckick on locations/ taxes > zone definitions > details button > insert button and add the isles of man/ scilly and then the counties of Ireland that you also have listed in "United Kingdom" in the pdf file.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain. I'm slowly, slowly grasping how this shipping zone things works.

I've put into zone 3 -> details
    United Kingdom - Armagh, Antrim, ..., Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly. Nine entries in total.

Now I'm a little confused. If Zone 1 has 'United Kingdom' then won't all 'counties' in United Kingdom including like 'Armagh' be counted as zone 1 rather than zone 3

Now, I'm off to do a similar thing with Zone 2 as I've done with Zone 3.

Thanks
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    HI,Thank you for taking the time to explain. I'm slowly, slowly grasping how this shipping zone things works.
    Now I'm a little confused. If Zone 1 has 'United Kingdom' then won't all 'counties' in United Kingdom including like 'Armagh' be counted as zone 1 rather than zone 3
    Yes United Kingdom > Armargh would appear in Zone 1 unless you explicity put United Kingdom > Armargh in Zone 3.

Hence why there is some duplication in the documentation, because you have installed the UK template which though politically correct, means you have a lot more things to enter into the UKZR zones than a default ZC installation. Since the UK template duplicates the counties to put them into "new geopolitical countries".

On a normal installation, one would go "Zone 1: united kingdom", "Zone 3: counties of ireland", you have to do "Zone 3: Northern Irleand", "Zone 3: Counties of Northern Island", "Zone 3: Isles of Scilly", and then on top you have to double up for Zone 2 with the Scottish counties listed under the UK and the Scottish listed under Scotland.

Fortunately the postal office has not split up Wales yet. I'm sorry but the only way to define the Zones is manual, a sql script does not work because of the various releases and modifications made to the zones over the years, the zones are autoincremented, so there is not a unique ID to lock onto, and there are for example another two uk county zone files from the download area on this website. If you are using a recent UK template, you should also check that you have Londonderry as opposed to Londnderry as I noticed a spelling mistake in the last sql release.

Thank you

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Yes United Kingdom > Armargh would appear in Zone 1 unless you explicity put United Kingdom > Armargh in Zone 3.
    So just be clear, for Zone 1, I can keep the entry of 'United Kingdom' - 'All Zones' because zencart will pick up that I have defined 'United Kingdom - Armargh' specifically in zone 3, right?

The same reasoning with the Scottish counties as well?

If you are using a recent UK template, you should also check that you have Londonderry as opposed to Londnderry as I noticed a spelling mistake in the last sql release.
    Thanks, I noticed that.

Thank you for your patience
    Alan

Yes to zone 1.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Phillip,
    a) the weights go screwy - which is probably something I can fix but its more likely in the shipping estimator / checkout zen cart core code rather than the modules, in my case the weights just drop out to zero on a 0.4 package
    I've got an answer from Ajeh here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...874#post282874

Does that help?

Best regards
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I think I've tracked down the bug.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...58&postcount=5

But I don't know php!

Best regards
    Alan

Yes that would be the area that I found previously, the quick fix is just to turn off the showing of the shipping weights. I'll be starting work on the disabling of the free shipping options tonight and then will get over to the weight calculation on foreign options afterwards, but I shall be requiring to set up a brand new test server for this as my own site will have to go live probably this weekend too.

Thanks

Philip.

Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast