Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Ahh, now the problem with that is that maybe the instructions weren't totally clear, you should only have installed the SQL if you didn't already have any of the regions defined, so at some point you must have. Now you'd have to remove them all which is a bit tricky, what I can probably do is write a SQL patch to uninstall all of the zones my sql puts in and any duplicates, and then you can re-install the patch if necessary.

I'll be back later.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that. But I didn't have any of those zones defined previously. I think it's the optional sql file that comes with Big Royal Mail - it inserts each county once for the Region (eg Wales) and then once again for the whole UK.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by pcmt View Post
    Is there a particular reason for this? Is there a way I can take out those duplications? (Arran actually appears four times in the drop down).

Patrick
    Hmm, well if Arran appears fours times it's not from my sql because I only have it in there twice, unless it's been processed twice by zen-cart when it was installed. now I have "Bute (islands of Arran and Bute)" in my zones file five times, yet it never appears because they are not linked to a valid county (I did a lot of installing while testing this and this is on my live server of all things). What I suggest is that you do this:

select * from ZONES where locate('Arran', zone_name);

this will give you some countries_id so then you go:

select * from countries where countries_id in (311, 293, 320, 329, 302);

to check if the countries are valid, the select on box on my live server actually doesn't display Arran in anything other than United Kingdom, because I've cocked up and forgotten to put it into Scotland. This is when I am not logged in, at http://Lenscaps.eu when one is logged in, it takes one's address so doesn't do the estimate thing, although if I specify different address it doesn't give me a drop down at all. Though it does reject if I put in Middx as a county and then offers me a drop down, once again with no duplicates. I suspect that something went wrong when the SQL patch was installed more than anything.

Plugin Contributions

I think the duplicate entries in the registration counties drop down are because the sql file in the Big Royal Mail download inserts the counties both as UK counties and as UK Regions counties (can't see anywhere why Arran should appear 4 times).

(BTW I installed Big Royal Mail on a brand new Zen Cart install today, and none of those counties would have been present).

Is there a need for both UK counties and UK Regions counties? Can the UK counties be deleted from the database, leaving only the Regions counties?

Thanks for the sql tips - a bit beyond me though.

Patrick

The set up for the xones works like this. Select "United Kingdom" and attach the regions to it in case the user chooses that they live there rather than in England, Scotland etc.... then Select England and attach the English regions, Select scotland and attach the scottish regions. So they need to be attached twice, once to the UK as a whole, once to the subset of regions. I strongly suspect that your SQL file was processed twice by zen cart for some unknown reason. I suspect this because you said that you have the regions twice in the select box, but Arran four times, and since it's only twice in my sql.... Put an item in your cart, select England and click update. You should have "Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire" in the "state" drop down list, if they appear more than once then the sql file was processed twice, if you have non-English counties then the file has gone wrong someone where and attached the regions to the wrong zones.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that. My sql command (in phpMyAdmin) must have run twice. In Zen Cart Admin Zones I do see the duplicates. Can I simply go through each and delete the duplicates?

Patrick

Hmm, yes I believe so, but it's a little time consuming, you could use phpMyAdmin to speed things up. Each region should be attached to a country, as the United Kingdom is set up as country 222 by default in ZC, you could issue a statement

DELETE FROM zones WHERE zone_country_id = 222

then you need to find the country id's for Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, and Wales by

SELECT countries_id, countries_name FROM countries WHERE countries_name IN ('Northern Ireland', 'Wales', 'Scotland', 'England', 'ROI Republic of Ireland', 'Isle Of Man', 'Channel Islands');

and then issue the DELETE statement above with the country id's then issue this statement

DELETE FROM countries WHERE countries_name IN ('Northern Ireland', 'Wales', 'England', 'Scotland', 'Isle of Man', 'Channel Islands', 'Kosovo', 'Montenegro', 'Serbia');

DELETE FROM address_format
    WHERE address_format = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$state$cr$postcode$cr$country' ;

this should get you back to a normal ZC default installation, you could run the install sql again. This way is cleaner in it's removal of the zones, BUT it is obviously a little more dangerous.

Sorry it's so long winded but this is a little larger than what a normal person would be involved in, and probably is in the realms of paying someone lots of money, hey that's an idea, do it and then pay me loads !

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again. I went ahead and deleted all the duplicates.

I know what happened here. Using the "JollyJim" sql file that comes with the download I'd added the zen_ prefix to all the mysql commands, as my tables all have that prefix. However, I'd missed a couple first time round, and mysql threw up an error. I fixed the error and ran it again not realising that some data had been already been entered.

In case anyone else encounters this, it might be useful to include an sql file in the download that has the zen_ table prefix added where required.

One other small point: shouldn't "Lotian" be "Lothian"?

Excellent modules though.

Best regards,

Patrick

Plugin Contributions

Found it: ukzr_optional_county_install-0.0.1.sql line 258 - Arran is given a zone_country_id of 222. That's why Arran was appearing too often (nothing against Arran). See Inverness also.

Patrick

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, a massive thanks to everyone involved in the creation of this fantastic module.

I've been using the UKZR option to create additional zones for international parcelforce. I think it might be worth adding a section to the instructions to make it explicit that you need to add items to the language file for additional zones, i.e you need to create includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/YOUR_THEME/ukzr.php and add the following lines for each additional zone (n) as appropriate:

Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKZR_GEOZONE_n_TEXT_TITLE', 'Courier Shipping');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKZR_GEOZONE_n_ICON', 'shipping_parcelforce.gif');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKZR_GEOZONE_n_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Parcelforce International Zone n');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKZR_GEOZONE_n_MODE', 'weight');

Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast