Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Pixxi : yes I think I can work removing shipping costs if the maximum or minimum order value is breached (currently as I am putting the facility on, I have at least 18 options visible), but it will be left until after I've put zigzag's function on because that template re-write will probably mean doing a double probe into the shipping modules to check if a price has come back before display, and it's something I'm a bit wary of from the speed point of view.

tonyrobbo: I could do parcelforce and standard parcels, but am currently working through a lot of options so it would be at the very very end of the week, it would be helpful if you could message me the URL's of the from the websites to speed things up.

Thank you

Philip.

BUG Notification:

Up to 1.2 there is a bug from the work that this module was based upon, it is possbile for someone to select something like a 2nd Class letter rate of £0.00, when "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time" and still proceed to the checkout, this is being fixed as I go through to add the modifications for version 1.2

Thank you.

Afternoon,

version 1.2 with minimum and maximum order values is here

http://bouncing.org/big_royalmail_v1.2.zip

also it fixes the bug whereby people could order things with shipping set to £0.00. The default values are 0 for the minimum and £32 for most services with the exception of specialdelivery services, so you will have to tailor it to your own website as to at which price break, you want to offere which service.

As with most shipping modules, this WILL remove your old settings, BUT for version 1.3 I will be adding a new feature requested by Pixxi, i.e. that if a service is not available it will not be displayed on the the checkout_shipping page. For version 1.3 I will release a patch if possible as well as the full version for new installers, so that any minimum and maximum order values will not be removed.

I had a working version of 1.3 working on one service last night, but as mentioned it is a template job so may require a bit work if you have customised your templates.

I'll add parcelforce rates at some point in the near future.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I copied the upgraded modules over my existing 1.1 install from yesterday and everything worked great - thanks again.

One very minor point I noticed is that if you already have some of the previous shipping methods enabled the new features don't appear correctly (ie. the min and max order value settings explanation text is missing) unless you first "REMOVE" and then "INSTALL" the module again from the Admin/Shipping page.

This module is fantastic work - UK Zenners need to get it NOW!!!

David

Good Morning,

version 1.3 is now available for download here:

http://bouncing.org/big_royalmail_v1.3.zip

it covers the majority of royal mail services, and a template to remove shipping services from the checkout screen e.g. to not display Airmail services for someone in the UK, or to not display a service if the weight is too great/ little

with regards to zigzags comments about the upgrade and some options not appearing until "REMOVE"/ "INSTALL" is used, there is now a sql patch included that solves this issue.

Thank you

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

this is a great module! Just wondering, not sure if it is exclusive to my setup, but are the rates supposed to show on the shopping cart? The rates for each service display when you login and get to that checkout page. I have 1.35 ZC, and have the shopping cart shipping estimator embedded, not the one where you have to open a popup.

Many thanks.

Afternoon HeathenMagic,

I haven't got around to removing rates from the shopping cart "available shipping methods", I too have that bit installed on my server (1.3.5 ZC) too looks like some kind of really ugly table layout that I've been meaning to remove or fix, I'd turn off the box at the moment because it doesn't look like it matches the rest of the CSS, when I fix the module I'll try and fix the layout too unless everyone says "oh we'd really like an ugly table box!"

Thanks

Philip.

okay there is an easy fix for this but you have to find which template your system is currently using this will be a file called:

tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php

and could be located under template_default, template_custom or wherever you've put your custom template folder, i recommend putting "hello" on line 12 temporarily one file at a time until you find the right one to modify.

under line 89 which should look like this:
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes); $i<$n; $i++) {

add
    if (!isset($quotes[$i]['hidenoshippingservice'])) {

and then around line 144 put a closing curly bracket

} // end of big_royalmail_v1.3 if

in amongst the wealth of other curly brackets there (but label it with a comment so you know which one to take out).

This will remove the invalid shipping services from the estimator in both pop up and under the shopping basket form.

While you are at it, you should probably modify that template file to remove the ugly border, because it's just plain yuk, i'm going for a left sidebox theme myself.

Thank you

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic
    Hi there,

this is a great module! Just wondering, not sure if it is exclusive to my setup, but are the rates supposed to show on the shopping cart? The rates for each service display when you login and get to that checkout page. I have 1.35 ZC, and have the shopping cart shipping estimator embedded, not the one where you have to open a popup.

Many thanks.

Now this is the question, do I submit a prettier version of

tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php

for the bug fix, or leave it as standard for others to pretty up ?

Plugin Contributions

... Submit a new version, of course ...

By the way, could you be a tad slightly more specific about where that closing curly bracket goes? ... there's 5 of them there, and wherever it's put it removes all shipping options from the shipping estimator

This mod is getting more excellent all the time, thanks!

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast