Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default extra colours.......

Hi,

Here I am again...
    It seems that I am going to work with the classic template for now.
    I found out (with help from Misty) that an other template I downloaded won't work.
    But now I have download " Extra 1.3.5 colours", I want an other colour then Green.....
    The dowloaded folder is on my server in the folder includes>templates
    But when I go to admin>selection templates, I cannot select the extra colours.
    What went wrong?????
    And is there a way to change the background also?

Patrice

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: extra colours.......

Did you upload the entire folder... or each seperate sub folder into your includes/templates folder? You'd have to double check that. You would need each sub folder uploaded on their own, seperately.

For the query about background pictures, you bet. There are different declarations for different types of backgrounds, ie. fixed, scrolling, tiled, and etc. Or if you mean just background color, that's referred below in green...
    Here is an example for the body background declaration(in red);
    Code:
    body {
    	margin: 0 auto;
            padding: 0;
      	font-family: verdana,tahoma,arial,sans-serif;
    	font-size: 67.8%;
    	color: #303030;
    	background-color: #f4f4f4;
            background: url(../images/bg.gif) top center repeat-y;
            }
    Last edited by Sketchy; 19 Sep 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Sketchy,

Thank you for your reply.
    This is what I did....(see attachment)
    But that is not OKE I think, because it don't work.
    What do you mean by " You would need each sub folder uploaded on their own, seperately."

And for the background: I want a background picture as background. Where do I have to that exactly? Somewhere in the admin?
    (Sorry I am a totally zen-dummie at this moment )

Patrice
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

No such thing as dummies, unless you're talking about clothing store or crash test ones. I'm confident that you are neither.

Oh gosh, that's a very small image and I can't expand it without distorting further. However, me thinks I saw a folder named "extra colors" and that's where the install has gone sour.

Your "templates" folder, if you only uploaded that custom template set, should only contain ten sub folders. Inside includes/templates should be; classic, default_template, black, blue, brown, gold, grey, pink, purple, and red. Nothing more and nothing less.

When you unzipped the "Extra 1.3.5 Colors" folder, that was just a packing folder. Inside there are directory folders named "Includes"-"Templates"- and then the various colors. The folder "Includes" should not have been uploaded, nor the "Templates" folder... only the eight sub folders within "Templates". I know a lot of people get confused, but the way that the eight colored templates are packed.. is the proper directory(minus the actual directory folders themselves).

What you should do is reverse the steps you took for uploading the custom template set, deleting all the folders associated with "Extra 1.3.5 Colors". Look into the "Extra 1.3.5 Colors" folder on your desktop, go into includes/templates/ and then upload every single color named folder back up into your online includes/templates.

The packing folders get confusing, don't blame yourself.

`For the background image, you'll have to add that declaration in the stylesheet of your template choice. I've included an example in my prior post, but we can get to that later on.

Plugin Contributions

YESSSS I did it!!!!
    I used an other FTP program (Total Commander). With the other ftp program I used, I could not upload a complete folder. I think that's were it went wrong. But now I can choose on of the 8 colours, GREAT!
    If I can change the background of the page in an other background (with an image), I would be happy as can be.....
    So I hope you explain that to me once......

Patrice

Plugin Contributions

Yay, all is well.

For a background image, you must add in a declaration into the body selector from the stylesheet for the specific template you have chosen. The body selector is usually the first selector in the stylesheet;

Code:
    body {
    	margin: 0 auto;
            padding: 0;
      	font-family: verdana,tahoma,arial,sans-serif;
    	font-size: 67.8%;
    	color: #303030;
    	background-color: #f4f4f4;
            background: url(../images/bg.gif) top center repeat-y;
            }
    You will be adding a line in, similar to the line in red. Depending on what image you use, you may have to adjust the statements at the end.

This site explains the positioning and related information.

Plugin Contributions

I found out (with help from Misty) that an other template I downloaded won't work.
    I did actually find your template had been upgraded by another member, and posted url to download if required

Plugin Contributions

Hi Misty,

Really??? I do want to see it. Where can I find that URL?

Patrice

Plugin Contributions

From your original post regarding this template, I added url at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45859

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Misty,

I take a look at this template. It still looks nice.
    But I think its better for me to stick to the classic template, till I have more expericience with the zen cart. And I think more people on this forum have experience with the classic template than this specify template
    Now I have differtent colours for the templates and that is already better..... And with the help of this forum, the tutorials and FAQ I am going to make a nice site.
    The one thing I want to change now is the background.

Sketchy (or someone else), were do I have to go to exactly in the first place to change the background (add an image)? Now I have the classic template in Gold.
    Do I have to change that in the folder on the server? In wich folder can I find it? The classic template or the gold template?

And also a second question: how (and where) can I change the banner in my own banner?

Patrice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast