Plugin Contributions

Default Anyone know how to make index.html default instead of index.php?

I have a flash intro page and I made an index.html and put my flash intro on there. When you click on the "products" page in my flash, there is a link you can click on to take you to my shopping cart, which is in my index.php. What do I have to do so that when you enter the web address for my site "www.spunkybunky.com", it takes you to www.spunkybunky.com/index.html instead of www.spunkybunky.com/index.php.

I thought that you were supposed to change your setting in your control panel of your server to make index.html your default instead of index.php. But godaddy doesn't provide that option, at least not anywhere I've looked.

My friend suggested altering my .htaccess but when I did that, my page just got messed up.

Here are the links to my site.
    I want "www.spunkybunky.com/index.html" to LOAD when "www.spunkybunky.com" is typed instead of "www.spunkybunky.com/index.php"

I was thinking I can go through ALL my files and rename everything from index.php to index2.php but that would be really tedious since there are too many files that come with zencart.

Can anyone help? Please let me know. Thank you.

Betty

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone know how to make index.html default instead of index.php?

My own server always uses index.html first, before index.php, if both files exist,
    seems godaddy does not so you could have zencart installed in folder named store(or cart), then link your index.html page to spunkybunky.com/store/index.php
    Have to say though that not a lover of flash intro pages, and usually
    go elsewhere whilst waiting for them to load.
    HTH

Plugin Contributions

.html will be the default,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

.html will be the default
    Should be, but not in this case, msbettybebe is correct, enter url as she states,
    goes straight to cart, not index.html

Plugin Contributions

ok not a problem

Put a .htaccess file in your web root directory, if there isn't one yet.

Then add the line:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

or change it accordingly.
    That line tells apache what file to look at first when it is not specified in the URL, in the same order that you put it after DirectoryIndex.

In this example it would first look for index.html, load it if found, if not look for index.htm, load it if found, and if not load index.php.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    ok not a problem

Put a .htaccess file in your web root directory, if there isn't one yet.

Then add the line:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

or change it accordingly.
    That line tells apache what file to look at first when it is not specified in the URL, in the same order that you put it after DirectoryIndex.

In this example it would first look for index.html, load it if found, if not look for index.htm, load it if found, and if not load index.php.
    with godaddy? that wont simply work on my experience. godaddy simply is not for customizers..

only i can think of is place it in a sub folder which is really annoying.. aside from this.. STAY AWAY from godaddy.com if you need more control over your hosting account.

- guilliam

Plugin Contributions

xhtml problem Re: Anyone know how to make index.html default instead of index.php?

I solved this problem by changing the order of permissions in my htaccess file. My friend actually did this for me but all you have to do is reorder them. (exactly how Merlinpa1969 describes) I think a few more files were added into my file. If anyone has the same problem as I do and wants to know how to do it, let me know and I'll look in my file to help you out.
    If you guys don't use godaddy, may I ask who you use for hosting?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbettybebe View Post
    There are a lot of great hosting options available.
    Some recommended hosts for Zen Cart sites can be found here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=10

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbettybebe View Post
    I solved this problem by changing the order of permissions in my htaccess file. My friend actually did this for me but all you have to do is reorder them. (exactly how Merlinpa1969 describes) I think a few more files were added into my file. If anyone has the same problem as I do and wants to know how to do it, let me know and I'll look in my file to help you out.
    I got same problem perhaps?I am not really sure because quite new to this. When I open my site the display is directed to the index.php content instead to the index.html content. Therefore, in this regard, I would like to ask how you manage to correct it, what was the procedure you made?Please let me know..

Plugin Contributions

Please read post #5 of this thread.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.