Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Archive Manager

Resending HTML mail is not going to work; the HTML is modified prior to storage in the database to prevent attacks. I suggested that we be able to force TEXT as a mode during resend since the text could be resent.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Note that if you add yourself (or an email under your control) to the CC list for all outbound emails, you could resend from your own email client.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Resending HTML mail is not going to work; the HTML is modified prior to storage in the database to prevent attacks.
    I wonder why the html is modified? Because all the html is generated by zencart internally (with the email templates), so what 'attack' is being prevented.
    The only customer input to the emails (contact us and order comments) are heavily sanitised (and de-html'd) before getting included and the rest of the email is safely generated by ZenCart.

I did once (quite a few years ago now) ammend this contribution to store the emails with the html in the database, and so enable resending of the html emails. It worked well. Basically you have to remove the (buggy) code that strips the html and create a blank email template for resending the email.

Plugin Contributions

This is really a great module which works fine on my site and helps so much.

Buy I'd like to have one more feature included in the possible next version(seems little hope, since this mod got no posts for a long time)

The "trim email" functions gives little freedom to us, only 3 options: 1month, 6months and 12month.

But the "search email archive" function gives us enough option and freedom, so I'm think if we can have a "delete button" on the search result page, that would be great, see picture:

Name:  2012-12-24_172503.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  48.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this great mod!

Anyway to edit emails before re-sending it ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewu View Post
    This is what customer got when I click resend msg:

$EMAIL_SUBJECT
    $EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML
    $EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT
    $EMAIL_DISCLAIMER
    $EMAIL_SPAM_DISCLAIMER
    $EXTRA_INFO

text preview works fine. html preview doesn't. it looks like:

body {background-color:#ffffff; color:#000000; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align:center;} a:link {color:#0066cc;} a:hover {background-color:#eeeecc; color:#0066cc;} a:visited {color:#0066cc;} .holder {background-color:#f9f9f9; border:1px solid #9a9a9a; font-size:9px; text-align:left; width:550px;} .header {font-size:10px; padding:0px; width:550px;} .content {font-size:10px; padding:5px; width:550px;} .footer {border-top:1px solid #9a9a9a; font-size:9px; text-align:center; width:550px;} .extra-info {background-color:#cccc99; border:1px dashed #9a9a9a; font-size:10px; margin-top:10px; padding:5px; width:550px;} .content-line {padding:5px; font-size:10px;} .content-line-title {font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; padding-top:3px;} .order-detail-area {background-color:#CCCC99; border:1px #9a9a9a; width:542px; padding:2px; font-size:10px; } .product-details {font-size:10px;} .product-details-num {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold;} .order-totals-text {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold;} .order-totals-num {font-size:10px; } .comments {background-color:#FF6699; border:1px #9a9a9a; width:542px; padding:2px; font-size:10px; } .address-block {background-color:#E4E8F3; border:1px solid #9a9a9a; margin-top:3px;} .address {font-size:10px;} .payment-detail, .payment-footer {font-size:10px;} .extra-info {background-color:#cccc99; border:1px solid #9a9a9a; font-size:10px; margin-top:10px; padding:5px; width:550px;} .extra-info-bold {font-weight:bold;} .disclaimer {background-color:#f9f9f9; border:1px solid #cccccc; font-size:10px; margin-top:10px; padding:5px; width:550px;} .disclaimer1 {color:#666666; padding:5px;} .disclaimer1 a:link {color:#666666;} .disclaimer1 a:visited {color:#666666;} .disclaimer2 {color:#666666; padding:5px;} .copyright {border-bottom:0px solid #9a9a9a; padding:5px;} .order-licences-area{background-color:#DDDDAA; border:2px #9a9a9a; width:542px; padding:2px; font-size:10px; } .licences_code{font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; font-family: monospace;}

My zencart 1.36, email archive latest

What should I do?

I have the same issue!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willy12 View Post
    I have the same issue!
    Me too, using zc151 and xampp on localhost (Not live yet). And if I change the Admin > Configuration > Email Options for HTML, the css code above is replaced by an even more useless little square box.

However, in shop151\includes\functions\functions_email.php, if you replace

Code:
      if (!defined('EMAIL_SYSTEM_DEBUG')) define('EMAIL_SYSTEM_DEBUG','0');
    with

Code:
      if (!defined('EMAIL_SYSTEM_DEBUG')) define('EMAIL_SYSTEM_DEBUG','preview');
    the admin and customer HTML versions should render to the screen one atop the other in place of the success page for the particular email sent.

For a live store, 'preview' should be reverted to the default '0' setting.

Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Hi, just checking if I can drop the email_archive table from database using phpmyadmin, in order to uninstall?
    And then just delete all files supplied my mod?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    Hi, just checking if I can drop the email_archive table from database using phpmyadmin, in order to uninstall?
    And then just delete all files supplied my mod?
    Thanks!
    Um, not a good idea. The mod doesn't create that table. If you drop the table and turn on the archiving feature in ZC settings you'll get database errors during any customer activities that generate emails, and that would be bad.
    If you want to delete the mod, just delete its files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Um, not a good idea. The mod doesn't create that table. If you drop the table and turn on the archiving feature in ZC settings you'll get database errors during any customer activities that generate emails, and that would be bad.
    If you want to delete the mod, just delete its files.
    Thanks. How could I empty the emails it has archived, as it only deletes a month back? (quite large)

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast