Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Archive Search (Archive Manager)

Hi Firstly can I say what a great contribution. However, I have installed it - 1.4 on an almost vanilla install (1.38a)and ran into some problems with both the HTML preview and the resend

For the html preview I was seeing all the css formatting due to an incorrectly closed style tag. A bit of digging also reviled several other html tags not being correctly dealt with in the translation for the way all the > and < are stored in the database (eg _TAG ParametersOptional _ text _/TAG_ ) and the subsequent display

the lines
    PHP Code:
            //$html_content = str_replace('__','><',$html_content); 

$html_content str_replace('_html','<html',$html_content);

$html_content str_replace('_meta','<meta',$html_content); //DSA

$html_content str_replace('_style','<style',$html_content); //DSA 
    and various others in the same section (div, table etc) were missing bits of the _ to < or > conversion.
    To get my emails to display properly I had to add other tags like UL and TH to the list of $html_content replace statements. That should sort out a few of the preview problems that others have reported.

For the resend I realised that it needed to go through a similar process as for the display. It would be easy enough to make that whole conversion a function and add it to the resend. The thought of all the other possible html tags that would need decoding was tooo much, so at that point I decided to make a very small tweak to the includes/functions/functions_email.php file and not sanitise the storage of the html and store it as it was sent out. Then the resend could use a very simple email_template_archive.html file and the resend works a treat for html emails. This also means the resent emails are recorded in the archive - which someone was asking about

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your input. If you would like to go ahead and update the contribution, that would be great. Just be sure to clearly document any modifications to core files that can't be overridden.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I'm relatively new to Zen Cart and I don't know how to update a contribution.
    Also I'm not entirely sure about the idea of storing raw html in the database from a security point of view. I think all the data being sent out via email has already been sanitised and so the only html in there should be what has been added by the email processing in the first place. What do you think?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the download Email Archive Manager page in the downloads area. There's a link at the bottom of the page that lets you "update this contribution." You'll have to create an account.

This contribution is not being actively managed and needs a product manager. You seem like the man for the job! Go for it!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I've installed Email Archive Manager 1.4 on ZC 1.3.7.

When I call : Tools > Email Archive Manager, I'm receiving this message :
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.

Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

What's the problem ? What's the solution

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You've likely installed an Admin Profiles addon, and haven't granted yourself sufficient security clearance to use the email module.
    Check with the addon's operational instructions to determine how best to grant yourself clearance.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You've likely installed an Admin Profiles addon, and haven't granted yourself sufficient security clearance to use the email module.
    Check with the addon's operational instructions to determine how best to grant yourself clearance.

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in addon's operational instructions about grant clearance.

Do you have an other tip ?
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imak View Post
    Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in addon's operational instructions about grant clearance.

Do you have an other tip ?
    Thanks
    Admin->Tools->Admin Settings. Click on your username. Click on Permissions. Grant access.
    If you're having trouble with that, I recommend that you speak with your store administrator.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Admin->Tools->Admin Settings. Click on your username. Click on Permissions. Grant access.
    If you're having trouble with that, I recommend that you speak with your store administrator.

Thanks Dr,

I'm the store admin and I have recently installed Admin Profile module. I forgot to checked the email history box. Sorry.

It's done now and all working well. Thanks again.

BTW, It is possible to see the header envelope of the messages ?

Plugin Contributions

I installed the mod and enabled it Email Archive Manager --> True
    But I don't see how to access it. I see someone else say its under tools but I see nothing there about it?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast