Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Feature product box - main page with categories

Okay, the problem doesn't lie in the templates -- I wanted to make sure I didn't somehow make a change to my default_template files at some point. So, I copied over fresh files, removed my own template files, and voila -- the problem is still there.

What next...
    Last edited by magicpants; 22 Sep 2006 at 11:03 AM.
    Currently using ZEN CART v. 1.3.6

Plugin Contributions

Yeah I know this isn't the most exciting thread, but I vow it will just keep growing until this problem is resolved!

I discovered the featured box on the main page (when no cats are selected) is actually being generated by tpl_index_categories, not tpl_index_default. As far as I understand, tpl_index_default affects the main page when no cats are selected.

So, does that mean that it thinks a category is selected when on the main page? I put an if statement around the appropriate code in tpl_index_categories to stop it from displaying on the main page :
    Code:
    if ( $current_page!='index' || (int)$cPath>0 ) { ?>
    The problem still remains that it's only propagating the featured box with products from the immediate subcategory, none of the sub-sub or sub-sub-sub categories.

Any help on this issue?

Plugin Contributions

So, the only problem left is that the featured products are only displaying the products in an immediate subcategory, but not sub-subcats, etc.

I thought maybe the ajax yahootreemenu sidebox was affecting it, but i tried using the normal category sidebox and no change.

I don't know where or what to look for anymore and I've run out of momentum -- any nudge would be really helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I still have this problem and I'm completely stuck. I don't know what to do next. Any advice or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

To recap: our featured products are only displaying the products from an immediate sub-category, not any products in a sub-sub category. We've verified that this is not a problem in the template files. And, I've searched for all instances of "featured" in any files and I can't see any alterations to these files that could cause this problem.

I'm using the ajax "yahoo tree menu" category sidebox -- not sure if that could be the culprit.

I don't know where to look next -- any particular files I should take a look at?

Plugin Contributions

Will somebody please help? I will pay you for your time. I just have to get this fixed and I am lost on what steps to take next.

Plugin Contributions

Were you able to get this done?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

No, not at all. Still stuck and I'm not sure what else to look into.

Plugin Contributions

Might peek at the variable $this_is_home_page

We do have a change to this, in the file:
    /includes/int_includes/init_category_path.php

Change the last line to read:
    PHP Code:
    $this_is_home_page = ($current_page=='index' && (!isset($_GET['cPath'])) && (!isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) && (!isset($_GET['typefilter'])) ); 
    This will tell you when you are on the real home page for your site, when true ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help Ajeh, but I'm a little confused... what is this supposed to do?

I changed the last line, but don't notice anything different. What am I looking for?

Just to make sure we're both on the same page, here's a short descript of my problem:
    To recap: our featured products are only displaying the products from an immediate sub-category, not any products in a sub-sub category. We've verified that this is not a problem in the template files. And, I've searched for all instances of "featured" in any files and I can't see any alterations to these files that could cause this problem.

Plugin Contributions

It sounded like you were needed to also know when you were on the immeditate "home" page of your site ... and that is what that variable is for ...

On the depth of locating featured products I have not looked into what all it would take to do this ...

Currently, it goes down one level ... not multiple levels, which is what you are needing ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast