Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cross-Sell Advanced!

After realizing the current cross-sell module was very difficult to use if you have over a few hundred products, I contracted Chris (aka 'Absolute') from absolute-solutions.co.uk, to enhance this mod. The result: Cross-Sell Advanced!

What this mod does:
    This mod uses all of the same functionality of the original mod on the catalog side. On the admin side, it allows you to assign cross-sell items quickly by first inputting the model # of the item you want to assign products to, and then input the model number for each item you want to cross-sell in the fields below it. Hit insert and you are done! Basically the idea is for you to use the catalog side to decide which items to cross-sell, and this quick and easy form to assign them. It also includes a list of the current cross sells and a search function to quickly find and edit/delete current cross sells.

All credit goes to Absolute for doing the coding (and of course to Merlin for the original mod). I just came up with idea and the cash . I figured there would be many here who would enjoy it.

I assembled this download myself so please let me know if it works or not (I merged the new mod with the original). Once I get confirmation it works I will take down this link and submit it to the official download section.

The download includes the original readme along with instructions on how to "upgrade." Upgrading is easy, just upload the new files and you are ready to go - see the install.txt. (none of the original cross-sell files will be deleted).

Here are screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cross-Sell Advanced!

superb buddy :) thanks for releasing this, installed on 1.3.5 and its super. I have one question tho my online shop uses the barcode number as the model number so we can use a barcode scanner in store to quick enter when the store is used a a POS system on the till.

Having the advanced x-sell based on model number makes life very hard.. is there any way of modifying this to use product name instead?

Plugin Contributions

When I hired Absolute to create this for me, I realized that for some, using the model number would be difficult, but it was the best solution to fit my needs. I'm not sure using the product name would be all that easy either (i guess it would depend on how complex the product naming scheme was). It could be altered to use the product id, which in the end is how it is stored in the database.

I'm glad to hear it works on 1.3.5. So for those who are wondering, it has been tested and works on 1.2+, 1.3, and 1.35.

On a side note, one way to more quickly use the barcode is to have it show on the product listing and as you find items to cross sell, you can copy and paste the model number into the advanced xsell form (have two windows open and hitting control + tab allows you to toggle between two windows). Anyways, just a thought.
    Last edited by voltage; 21 Sep 2006 at 09:06 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the mod, it works perfect with my 1.3.5

Plugin Contributions

Hey thanks to Voltage for taking the lead on this. I think that cross promotion is really quite an essential activity in e-commerce and this advanced mod should make it a bit quicker to do.

One question - I noticed that while using the Tabbed Products Lite mod the advanced cross sell box is showing with its header even though I have "Show Tab Headers" turned off. Is there a quick solution to this?

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind....I did it by changing the <h2 class="centerBoxHeading"> in tpl_modules_xsell_products.

Plugin Contributions

wow, very nice mod indeed! thanx voltage and chris! one question; can these CS Advanced mod be install together with the old Xsell mod?!
    Last edited by tajul_ashyqin; 28 Sep 2006 at 01:24 AM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

oops, i just installed the CS Adv together with the ori CS mod and it works like a charm!
    Last edited by tajul_ashyqin; 28 Sep 2006 at 01:42 AM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Actually, when I merged the new files with the original cross sell, I left the original files so that the package installs both. That way, you have both options.

Plugin Contributions

it would be more advanced if these mod can show the images of the cross sell items just after we opt to EDIT any of the current cross-sells products!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast