Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cross-Sell Advanced!

Where are you adding it?

What kind of TEXT editor are you using?

NOTE: editing via your Control Panel can cause issues ...

After editing it and saving ... if you open it up again do you see any odd characters in the top of the file?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

i'm adding the line to the bottom right above the ?>. i was using notepad and it's worked fine until now, but i'm going to go try notepad+.

also is the 3rd paragraph in the sql file required for cross sell to work?

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have a URL I can look at to see how this Cross Sell works?

Crikey, I just visited jhosford's site and its been hacked: http://www.vtjewelry.net

Plugin Contributions

I also get the following problem when i upload sql via admin

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'true','false'), ', now())' at line 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Cross-Sell - Display prices?', 'XSELL_DISPLAY_PRICE', 'false', 'Cross-Sell -- Do you want to display the product prices too?
    Default: false', 18, 72, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array('true','false'), ', now());]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Any ideas anyone?

Plugin Contributions

I found another thread for this problem http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ighlight=cross

I had the problem, noted in the above post, but then went ahead and uploaded files and it seemed to have worked, even though the zen sql upload said there was a problem?

so go ahead and upload files and test even if you get this error, probably still works.

i'm on 1.36 by the way

Plugin Contributions

Default Cross-Sell Advanced! 1.2.6

Hi All,

I have zen 1.2.6 installed and all works fine, I got a minor error in the SQL

Error

SQL query:

## add switches for: MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL, MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL
    INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added )
    VALUES (
    'Display Cross-Sell Products', 'MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL', 1, 'This is the minimum number of configured Cross-Sell products required in order to cause the Cross Sell information to be displayed.<br />Default: 1', 2, 17, now( )
    );

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1062 - Duplicate entry 'MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL' for key 2

didnt seem to cause any real issues, however I can only get single columns in my layout, can anyone tell me if the above SQL is related or not ? or can someone help me to get the column mode working, I did have an old version of cross sell which i overwrote with the new version I download from this thread.

I have provided an example in graphic form to show that 3 poducts cross referenced with another product only displays in single column and not 3 columns per row which is my default. Also does anyone know how I can add a small graphic to the area where it says we also recommend.

any help on layouts would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimthedj65; 10 Feb 2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added image
    Team Effort - and no stealing :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plugin Contributions

I'd like to see Cross Sell in action. Can someone provide a URL (preferably that is a specific page with cross selling) for review?
    Creative Arc - Minneapolis Web Design

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creativearc View Post
    I'd like to see Cross Sell in action. Can someone provide a URL (preferably that is a specific page with cross selling) for review?
    I'm just now begining to enter the cross-sells. You can see it in action here. Look for the "We Also Recommend :" at the bottom of the page, that is the cross sell.

It's a Very impressive module. As mentioned in another thread it can be a bit cumbersome with many products but I feel that if it is implemented as you enter new products it won't be too bad. Just difficult when adding it to an existing store, as I am. All in all, it ROCKS! Thanks Tony, for putting out such an invaluble tool!

Tim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blackinches View Post
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/airinfan/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/
    airinfan/product_info.php
    on line 1

this is what i'm getting when i try to view an item, after i've linked it with another item.

define('TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS', 'We Also Recommend :');

is there a syntax error in this line that would cause this problem?
    Did anyone ever find out why this is happening? I have the same error when trying to view a page and I haven't even started cross-selling yet. I just installed everything and tried to view a couple of items I thought I might want to cross-sell. I have no idea how to fix this. There are no spaces at the beginning or end of my document, and there are no funky looking symbols either. I've edited in cpanel AND notepad. Help! My exact error is:
    Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/accave/public_html/includes/languages/english/custom_1/product_info.php on line 1
    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." --Atticus

Plugin Contributions

First off, I was looking at the wrong file. I was looking at tpl_product_info_display.php instead of the product_info.php. Human error is generally always in there somewhere! Second, however, once I looked at the right file, I noticed that instead of everything written properly on separate lines, notepad (for some crazy reason!) merged all the lines together and when I uploaded it that way, zencart didn't like it. So I went back in and put everything in their correct places (line by line) and that fixed it!
    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." --Atticus

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast