Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default E-mails not arriving...

I really am using this forum as a last resort. I have been trying everything and reading over the posts on e-mail configuration but cannot figure out why mine will not work. It seemed fairly straightforward. I checked off what was required and entered in the account info. But no luck. If anyone has any advice or sees something below that is obviously the problem I would be most appreciative. Whenever I send an e-mail I get the green confirmation message that says it has been sent but it just never arrives.

E-Mail Transport Method smtpauth
    E-Mail Linefeeds LF
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false
    Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false
    Send E-Mails true
    Email Archiving Active? true
    E-Mail Friendly-Errors false
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) [email protected]
    Email Address (sent FROM) [email protected]
    Emails must send from known domain? Yes
    Email Admin Format? TEXT
    Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin GV Mail Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Customer Admin GV Mail Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Customer Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To - Status 0
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To [email protected]
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To - Status 0
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To [email protected]
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List
    Allow Guest To Tell A Friend false
    Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address 1
    Send Low Stock Emails 0
    Send Low Stock Emails To [email protected]
    Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link? true
    Audience-Select Count Display true
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox [email protected]
    SMTP Email Account Password ---------------
    SMTP Email Mail Host mail.meadowstonefarm.com
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 25
    Convert currencies for Text emails £,£:€,€

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: E-mails not arriving...

So a little more info - I am hosted at UplinkEarth.com and the site is on a Windows 2003 server. They do not support CDonts. Not sure about sendmail but they do support formmail. But my plan does not support Perl so there is a modified ASP formmail that they provide that I have used on my site for people to submit e-mails.

Does anyone think that I may have to somehow put in the formmail code that Uplinkearth provides in the e-mail configuration file in Zencart? I feel like smtp should work. Isn't that how Outlook connects and gets your e-mail? I have used this with success for my Outlook...just not sure what I am missing in this instance.

Plugin Contributions

I know no one is responding...so I should probably take the hint. But I will keep adding information for a little while longer in the event that someone out there has any advice.

I downloaded the ZenCart admin tool that lets you check for e-mail archives.

Every e-mail I have sent out has been archived. Does this mean that it is a connection issue with the mail service provider? I have put in the information they suggested in the e-mail config. module.

Plugin Contributions

I know no one is responding...so I should probably take the hint. But I will keep adding information for a little while longer in the event that someone out there has any advice.

I downloaded the ZenCart admin tool that lets you check for e-mail archives.

Every e-mail I have sent out has been archived. Does this mean that it is a connection issue with the mail service provider? I have put in the information they suggested in the e-mail config. module.

Has there ever been an instance when the e-mail setup on ZenCart cannot be used - or am I giving up too soon. I assume that if I cannot get this up and runningthen any e-mail features, including the contact us page, will not work. That will be a major bummer...

Plugin Contributions

I checked with my host, UplinkEarth and they took a look at the Zencart settings. They confirmed that the settings looked good and that everything SHOULD work, which brings me back to ZenCart. I wish UplinkEarth could have helped me more but they said that they do not support nor are familiar with Zencart. So if my settings look good and the e-mails are ending up in the ZenCart log, what is left?

Again, any advice or help would be appreciated...

Plugin Contributions

Just to bring some closure -

1. Put in the SMTPath patch that DrByte posted.

2. Had my host reconfirm that I chose the correct send method (SMTPauth) as well as check over the settings.

3. Confirmed that the e-mails were archived, which according to a recent thread meant that the e-mails were being handled properly by ZenCart and passed along to my specified e-mail service.

4. After this, the 'contact Us' e-mail worked, but nothing else.

5. I went through every setting option and found that actually setting MIME html to 'true' - contrary to what was recommended - made EVERYTHING work.

Not sure of the why but just happy to have it working. Good luck to everyone else trying to get their e-mail settings correct.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it working Matt.

Sometimes it's a real chore to figure out what each individual hosting company's configuration settings requires for something as basic as email support.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Noiseux
    Just to bring some closure -

1. Put in the SMTPath patch that DrByte posted.

2. Had my host reconfirm that I chose the correct send method (SMTPauth) as well as check over the settings.

3. Confirmed that the e-mails were archived, which according to a recent thread meant that the e-mails were being handled properly by ZenCart and passed along to my specified e-mail service.

4. After this, the 'contact Us' e-mail worked, but nothing else.

5. I went through every setting option and found that actually setting MIME html to 'true' - contrary to what was recommended - made EVERYTHING work.

Not sure of the why but just happy to have it working. Good luck to everyone else trying to get their e-mail settings correct.

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Having the same issue here!
    Just wonder what patch from DrByte you have been using.

Thanks

Lorhan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lorhan
    Hi Matt,

Having the same issue here!
    Just wonder what patch from DrByte you have been using.

Thanks

Lorhan
    I suppose he's referring to this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...mtp#post258677

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm banging my head against the wall!
    I can send email thru the newsletter function, orderconfirmation is getting thru, but not on TELL A FRIEND and CONTACT US pages.

I have enclosed some settings to take a look at:

http://www.finekler.com/zc_install/techsupp.php

Could you please se if you can figure something out on behalf of this information.

Regards

lorhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast