Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Flash Header

Hi there,

I want to have some flash in my header and in a sidebox as well.
    I've read this thread which has been very informative....until some point.

Could you guys be as kind as giving me a complete example of your code for:
    - YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php,
    - YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/sidebox/tpl_yoursideboxwithflash.php,
    and most important, what's inside your "/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js" file? I dont know javascript at all and I have no idea what I should write in there.
    Plus, if you have modified anything in "modules/" directory, or anywhere else than include/YOUR_TEMPLATE

I am trying to have a flash in the header, and to integrate a mp3 player in a sidebox.
    So far, I've managed to play the flash header in IE, show the flash sidebox in FF (although, not playing the music...anything I should know about .xml loading files?)

Unfortunately I am working on my local server and therefore it wont be possible for you guys to help me in debugging. That's why my only hope is to compare with someone else's code who has at least 2 flash in the same page, and figure out step by step which file I've screwed up.

my code in my MYTEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_music_box.php is:
    $content = "";
    $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="musicsideBoxContent">';
    $content .='<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub...ersion=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="247" id="mp3player" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="' . DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'MP3_Player/';
    $content .= 'playermp3player.swf?xml=config.xml" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="' . DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'MP3_Player/';
    $content .= 'mp3player.swf?xml=config.xml" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="335" height="247" name="mp3player" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>';
    $content .= '</div>';

thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seethrou View Post
    With refer to the other topic at Reviewer's Corner Shop has gone live: please review

Our fellow member JohneeMac suggested the following for the Flash.
    SWFObject: Javascript Flash Player detection and embed script

I had tested, it works, with more functions and with XHTML validation.

And below are the steps of the test which use the JavaScript download from the above site.

1. save the header Flash file to the following directory (just for example)
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/flash/YOUR_HEADER.swf

2. download the zip packaged file from the above site

3. unzip and save the included swfobject.js file (not compressed and about 6.5 KB) to your ZC template directory
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLTE/jscript/swfobject.js

4. If in before, the tpl_header.php had not been modified,
    then copy the following file:
    includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php

and save it to your template override directory:
    include/templates/YOUR_TEMPALTE/common/tpl_header.php

5. Open up the new saved tpl_header.php file in your override directory

Add and modify the codes according to your requirements.
    For detail usuages, please refer to the docs and the original site for more infos.

For example,
    in the tpl_header.php, just insert the codes for Flash below the section of:
    <!--bof-branding display-->
    <div id="logoWrapper">

PHP Code:
    <!--bof-branding display-->
    <
    div id="logoWrapper">

<
    script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
      This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/flash/YOUR_HEADER.swf", "YOUR_HEADER", "750", "160", "7", "#000000");
       so.write("flashcontent");
    </script> 
    Note:
    In the above codes, where:
    YOUR_TEMPLATE = the name of your template.
    YOUR_HEADER = the file name of your Flash file.

Thanks for that!, i use it and all works OK.
    Now i like to stop flash to restart every link visit in the web page, it´s possible?
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

With refer to the other topic at Reviewer's Corner Shop has gone live: please review

And below are the steps of the test which use the JavaScript download from the above site.

3. unzip and save the included swfobject.js file (not compressed and about 6.5 KB) to your ZC template directory

For detail usuages, please refer to the docs and the original site for more infos.

For example,
    <div id="logoWrapper">

PHP Code:
    <
    div id="logoWrapper">

<
    script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
    </div>
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/flash/YOUR_HEADER.swf", "YOUR_HEADER", "750", "160", "7", "#000000");
    </script> 
    Note:

I am still having flash header problems. System config info below:
    Web Site = http://lindakaysleis.com/index.php
    ZenCart Version = 1.3.7
    Custom Template = CUSTOM

Flash file name = flashheader.swf located at many different location just to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Un-edited swfobject.js file location = includes\templates\CUSTOM\jscript\

Sample of working flash at http://store.flower-leis.com/index.php ZenCart version

The flash placeholder shows up in the correct location, but the movie isn’t loading. If I right click on the flash it has a message saying “Movie not loaded…” Message is the same in IE 7 and FF 2.0.0.3

tp_header.php code
    PHP Code:
    <
    div id="logoWrapper">

<
    script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/CUSTOM/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
      Flash image of different Hawaiian flower leis.
    </div>
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/flash/flashheader.swf", "Flash Header", "750", "140", "4", "#000000");
    </script> 
    Thanks for help you have already given in the previous posts.

Plugin Contributions

I just figured out what my problem was. My flashheader.swf file had become corrupted when it was uploaded. I read a post at http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/...ee-swf/#Item_0 from blackkite saying to get it as simple as possible. So I did a small test on my home system with ZenCart installed locally and it didn't work with my flash file, so I tried the sample "so_tester.swf" file. The test flash worked. I figured out that my uploaded flash file was corrupt, re-upped the flash file and my flash header is now working.

Quote Originally Posted by jonutley View Post
    I am still having flash header problems. System config info below:
    Web Site = http://lindakaysleis.com/index.php
    ZenCart Version = 1.3.7
    Custom Template = CUSTOM

Flash file name = flashheader.swf located at many different location just to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Un-edited swfobject.js file location = includes\templates\CUSTOM\jscript\

Sample of working flash at http://store.flower-leis.com/index.php ZenCart version

The flash placeholder shows up in the correct location, but the movie isn’t loading. If I right click on the flash it has a message saying “Movie not loaded…” Message is the same in IE 7 and FF 2.0.0.3

tp_header.php code
    PHP Code:
    <
    div id="logoWrapper">

<
    script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/CUSTOM/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
      Flash image of different Hawaiian flower leis.
    </div>
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/flash/flashheader.swf", "Flash Header", "750", "140", "4", "#000000");
    </script> 
    Thanks for help you have already given in the previous posts.

Plugin Contributions

yeah you can do that... or just download http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...highlight=nnez

that was designed to specifically resolve this problem for zen cart. as long as the zc template methods or directory structure don't change and msft, adbe aren't made to hold hands in the corner, nnez flo will work with zen cart.

one line of code... et viola!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have followed your guidelines but after I refresh the site I get an empty Adobe flash player rectangle (with a black background) instead of the actual flash movie loading.

I have placed the SWF file and javascript file in the suggested directory.
    I am running Zencart 1.3.7 on Linux. Here is an excerpt of my tpl_header.php code:

<!-- Added this code to display flash -->
    <div id="logoWrapper">

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/myTemplate/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
    This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/myTemplate/images/flash/header.swf", "header", "750", "160", "7", "#000000");
    </script>
    <!-- End of Added code -->

<div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?></div>

<?php if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '' || (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2))) { ?>

<div id="taglineWrapper">

<?php

if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {

?>

Where am I going wrong?

Hansi

The example above was the demo for the header only. If need it to work in other areas and also the add on codes should be modified and inserted into the other related areas.

e.g. for the header and the code was inserted into the header file.
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
      This text is replaced by the HEADER Flash movie.
    </div>
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/flash/YOUR_HEADER.swf", "YOUR_HEADER", "750", "160", "7", "#000000");
    </script>
    e.g. for sideboxes and it should be modified and figure out how to insert into the related sidexboxes files.
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent">
      This text is replaced by the SIDEBOXES_X Flash movie.
    </div>
       var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/flash/YOUR_SIDEBOXES_X.swf", "YOUR_SIDEBOXES_X", "120", "150", "7", "#000000");
    </script>
    If have more than a few files and modifications in use, it may consider to use the idea of "include" functions to simplify or ease the jobs.
    Please refer to the topic below for the idea.
    using an include for a header
    and more specify in post #6

The swfobject.js should be reused without the duplication.

And the above is only for suggestion and have not been tested. And it may be used with some modifications for the concept is similar.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Flash in main product template

For example,
    <div id="logoWrapper">

PHP Code:
    <
    div id="logoWrapper">

<
    <div id="flashcontent">
    </div>
    </script> 
    Note:

Hi,

though I posted my question already in the zen forum, this post seems the closest to my problem, so will ask again here:

- I want to add new products, flash objects.

I have already saved the swfobject.js file in includes/templates/MY-TEMPLATE/jscript/ (taken from deconcept website)

now, I need to modify the main product page, which manipulates the display of all products: /includes/templates/MY-TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php

so that it plays flash objects, instead of just images.

The code of the file looks like this:

<?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE)); ?>
    <div id="productMainImage" class="back">
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--
    document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascriptopupWindow(\\\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . zen_image($products_image_medium, addslashes($products_name), MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?>');
    //--></script>
    <noscript>
    <?php
    echo '<br><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . zen_image($products_image_medium, $products_name, MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
    ?>
    </noscript>

my question here is, how do I call flash objects in a generic way. this is the code I have to insert and adjust:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/MY-TEMPLATE/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>

<div id="flashcontent">
    This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
    </div>

var so = new SWFObject("images/MY-TEMPLATE/so_tester.swf", "mymovie", "200", "100", "9", "#336699");
    </script>

I need to have a generic variable that calls the flash object, not this path "images/MY-TEMPLATE/so_tester.swf"

I need an HTML tag for flash object, similar to the image one:
    zen_image($products_image_medium, $products_name, MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

I would really appreciate any help on this question.

Cheers
    F.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Flash Header SSL

[FONT=Arial]I'm using the swfobject script with a flash logo at the header of page. The swfobject works with SSL when clicking on the Log In button for all browsers except FireFox. I have version 1.5.0.11 of FF installed. It finds the flash logo on all non-secured pages but when you go to log in or travel to a secure page, the flash logo does not appear. Just a blank area appears. Now with FF, you can click on the lock and up pops a box where you click Media and it shows you the links/types on that page (see below). The EMBED command with the swfobject script is not calling the https so therefore, no flash. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix ? Is this a bug with FF or a bug in the script since the flash loads fine on 5 other browsers in SSL mode or a problem with how I'm calling the script?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/custom/images/header_bg.jpg[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Background[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/custom/images/prmeirflash1.swf[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Background[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]includes/templates/custom/images/prmeirflash1.swf Type: Embed[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/custom/images/tag.jpg[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Background[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/custom/images/tile_back.gif[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Background[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/template_default/buttons/english/button_create_account.gif[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Input[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]https://www.premiertopshelf.com/includes/templates/template_default/buttons/english/button_login.gif[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Type: Input[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]The swfobject script code in the tpl_header.php located in the override directory looks like this:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]<div id="logoWrapper">[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]<div id="logo">[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/custom/jscript/swfobject.js"></script>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]<div id="flashcontent">Please update your flash player.</div>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]<script type="text/javascript">[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]var so = new SWFObject("includes/templates/custom/images/prmeirflash1.swf", "prmeirflash1", "484", "129", "1", "#ffffff");[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]so.write("flashcontent");[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]</script></div>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Looking forward to any help that can be provided and I thank you well in advance :)[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I was able to get the Flash Rotator working with the help of all your posts, Thank you! I will post the steps and links to posts that I found the most useful hoping it will benefit someone else. I realize this install is less then ideal and I'm open to suggestions.

BTW you can view what I've been working on here to see the example. The site is not live yet and I have a lot to do...

1. seethrou's post #7 of this thread is a great outline to the whole process and may be all that you need. I changed the paths to the site's root directory based on #3 below and it worked. I found that using the paths in seethrou's post I would end up with the flash black header and progress wheel (but no images). Doing a little troubleshooting on my mac I found that for what ever reason the "playlist.xml" was not being loaded. I played around with permissions etc... playlist.xml would load fine in the sites root directory only.

2. Tinas's post #8 of this thread explains what code needs to be replaced in the file (includes/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php). It is roughly lines 71 to 91.

3. Using Flash Zen-Car Wiki, this is where I saw the tip for putting the files in the root directory of your store, although they are referring to audio files I thought it was worth a shot.

4. I downloaded the flash rotator files from here and this includes the swfobject.js file developed here.

Summary;

1. My code that I pasted in the file (includes/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php) is;

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="flashcontent"><a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Please Update Your Flash Player</a></div>
    var so = new SWFObject("something.swf", "imagerotator", "800", "175", "7", "#000000");
    so.addVariable("file","playlist.xml");
    so.addVariable("overstretch","false");
    so.addVariable("repeat","true");
    </script>
    2. Except for the "tpl_header.php" covered above, the rest of these files are in my stores root directory.

something.swf
    swfobject.js
    playlist.xml "edit this file with your image names etc."

image1.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image3.jpg
    image4.jpg
    Hope this helps...

P.S. How appropriate, Just as I'm posting this and checking my links I see that my flash header is back to black and the spinning wheel. arrrggg... run, save yourself..... help? it was working for about 5 hours, I swear...

Plugin Contributions

Seems to be working fine, hopefully all is well.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast