Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default &ZENID is showing up in category URLS?

Recently I was told that the &zenid should never be in the urls for the links I create. After carefully removing all of these from the existing links I noticed that the auto-generated category urls have the &zenid part of the url in them too. Is this something I should be concerned about, or is this normal?

Here's a url example:

http://www.############teacher.com/index.p...=index&cPath=6

EDITED: Never post a zenid or session id on a forum, email, newsletter, etc. or you will be doomed ...
    Stteacher
    http://www.############teacher.com
    ~ Where an "F" is good.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: &ZENID is showing up in category URLS?

You will see that on first click and on secure pages depending on your configuration ...

If you always see this, then something is setup incorrectly and we will need to look at the problem further ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I always see this! I don't know why...
    Stteacher
    ~ Where an "F" is good.

Plugin Contributions

Close all browser windows ...

Clear your cache ...

Clear your cookies ...

I am not see this beyond first click ...

NOTE: I did not check all links to ensure that you do not have the zenid still hard coded on some of these as you had in the past ...

NOTE: if using a bookmark to get to your site, edit the properties and make sure you do not have a zenid attached to it ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Went through the steps and now I'm not seeing it anymore. Thanks!

Not that I quite understand though...I clear my cache on an almost daily basis and type in the url when I visit the site.

Either way having you around seems to have helped Linda...so thanks again!
    Stteacher
    ~ Where an "F" is good.

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ...

Sometimes when working on a site and having multiple browser windows open or modifying settings, etc. things become all moofed up and appear to be a royal mess ...

When this happens ... first thing is close all browser windows, clear cache and cookies ... as it is probably your computer experiencing the issue and not the world ...
    Linda McGrath

Thanks for the tips! Cheers.
    Stteacher
    ~ Where an "F" is good.

Re: &ZENID is showing up in category URLS?

Hi,

I am having the same problem. The zen session id remains in the address bar even after I have clicked numerous times through my site. I tried clearing cache, clearing cookies, etc. I even tried rebooting my computer, but it still shows.

I have a fresh install of v1.35 and I don't know what else to do to try to alleviate the problem.

That is not the only problem I am having, though. My zen Admin session ID appends with each new change I try to make and in turn asks me to log in again. Unfortunately, every time I try to edit something, it asks me to log in again so I don't get a chance to edit it. This started happening yesterday and I haven't changed anything yesterday or today for this to happen. I have been trying to find the solution and I am sure it is something simple that I overlooked.

Can someone please help? The site I am referring to is http://www.maggiesgiftbaskets.com for anyone who wants to take a look at it and help me out.

Thanks,
    CitronGreen

Hello All,

Never mind. I found the problem. I had set my options to High Security and the result was that all cookies were blocked and in turn gave me a new session ID each time I changed the page in the admin panel.

It also made the zenid remain in the address bar. When I fixed this error it went back to normal operation.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have this issue on my home page links at the top of my website

www.dinkydrinksminiatures.co.uk

when a visitor first views the page and tries to click on one of the header menu ie. Contact Us thier zenID appends to the link and therefore they are sent to a 404 failure page

any help would be appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast