Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 682
  1. #671
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,979
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    PHP7 updates complete - see new version in the Plugins area.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  2. #672
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Suffolk VA
    Posts
    429
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Is it possible to just suggest a second item if someone buys something? I don’t necessarily want to always offer a discount on the second item. Just “People who bought A also bought B?” I thought that was already part of Zencart but I’m not seeing it.

  3. #673
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,633
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    Is it possible to just suggest a second item if someone buys something? I don’t necessarily want to always offer a discount on the second item. Just “People who bought A also bought B?” I thought that was already part of Zencart but I’m not seeing it.
    You're talking about the also-purchased-products block that, when configured, is displayed at the bottom of the various product-details pages.

    Check a couple of configuration settings:

    Configuration->Product Info->Also Purchased Products Columns Per Row. This needs to be set to a numeric value > 0 for that block to be displayed.
    Configuration->Minimum Values->Also Purchased Products. This value also needs to be set to a numeric value > 0 for that block to be displayed.

    Those settings enable the block's display, but nothing will be displayed if no purchases of the associated product included other products.

  4. #674
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,979
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    If you create a linkage between products A and B, then the Better Together Marketing text prompts a viewer of page A to buy B and vice versa.

    There are also commercial add-ons like Checkout Candy, Checkbox Cross Sell and Auto Add that you can read about on my site.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  5. #675
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Suffolk VA
    Posts
    429
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're talking about the also-purchased-products block that, when configured, is displayed at the bottom of the various product-details pages.

    Check a couple of configuration settings:

    Configuration->Product Info->Also Purchased Products Columns Per Row. This needs to be set to a numeric value > 0 for that block to be displayed.
    Configuration->Minimum Values->Also Purchased Products. This value also needs to be set to a numeric value > 0 for that block to be displayed.

    Those settings enable the block's display, but nothing will be displayed if no purchases of the associated product included other products.
    Thanks, I’ll check to make sure I have that configured.

  6. #676
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,487
    Plugin Contributions
    28

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    I think the answer is no, but wanted to ask. Can I set up a Buy Two of product A and get a third Product A free?

  7. #677
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,979
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Not with Better Together. There are other modules on my site that allow you to do this sort of thing.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  8. #678
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,487
    Plugin Contributions
    28

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Not with Better Together. There are other modules on my site that allow you to do this sort of thing.
    Thanks for confirming.

  9. #679
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,487
    Plugin Contributions
    28

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Are there any known issues with this and FEC? I've installed this on a heavily customized site so it could be any number of reasons it does not display at checkout. Gotta start somewhere.

  10. #680
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,979
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Better Together Contribution Support Thread

    Test with a prod to prod linkage to be sure that the issue isn't category related.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

 

 
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Twitter Updates Sidebox Contribution Support Thread
    By delia in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29 Dec 2010, 12:44 AM
  2. Better Together Promotional Page Contribution
    By swguy in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27 Feb 2010, 05:52 PM
  3. Windows Live Product Search Contribution Support Thread
    By numinix in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 3 Jul 2009, 08:23 PM
  4. Better together mod
    By coolman in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16 Aug 2008, 09:48 PM
  5. LinkConnector Affiliate Contribution Support Thread
    By hyperdogmedia in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28 Jun 2007, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR