Page 215 of 356 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Thank you for the explanation.
    I puzzled with it a little, but ran in to another problem.
    I´m building this new website to replace the webshop i already have for my business for a few years now(not a zencart website)
    Stock by attribute is one of the things i would really like to get to work because it will safe me so much time.
    Here's the thing. I have text fields en dropdowns that go together.
    In the textfield the customer must add text and in the dropdown they must choose a color. Both are required to be able to put the product in the shoppingcart.
    I can make the text field required. But i don't know how to do that with the dropdown.
    I can add quantitys for the dropdown, but than the text field goes to out of stock.
    I can't seem te get it to work together. Where am I doing something wrong?
    Language: Dutch
    English: not so very good
    Allready have a live shop, so building local/on my computer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pompidompie View Post
    Thank you for the explanation.
    I puzzled with it a little, but ran in to another problem.
    I´m building this new website to replace the webshop i already have for my business for a few years now(not a zencart website)
    Stock by attribute is one of the things i would really like to get to work because it will safe me so much time.
    Here's the thing. I have text fields en dropdowns that go together.
    In the textfield the customer must add text and in the dropdown they must choose a color. Both are required to be able to put the product in the shoppingcart.
    I can make the text field required. But i don't know how to do that with the dropdown.
    I can add quantitys for the dropdown, but than the text field goes to out of stock.
    I can't seem te get it to work together. Where am I doing something wrong?
    If you go back a few pages, you'll see a detailed description of how to get multiple attributes to work to create a variant that is made of two or more attributes.

Basically, when you go to add a variant, provide a designation for each of the attributes at once, don't try to add just a text attribute and a dropdown attribute... Then, be sure to populate all versions/combinations of those attributes. Ultimately, those combinations (variants) that are not available should be given a quantity of zero, while those available have some number of quantity.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

zc1.5.4 with SbyA updated version from github and Winchester Black template (which uses zen colorbox).

In the SbyA changelog notes, gives example code changes for tpl_modules_main_product_image.php, with examples for default template and for lightbox. The file in the package has the edit already in it for default, but there is <!-- and --> around the entire code line. I see that these also appear in the default zc package and in my template package. I thought these marks meant 'comment out' but in notepad++ only the marks themselves appear green while the coding between is not green. So - do these marks have a diff meaning? Do I remove them to activate the SbA attribute pictures.

Also, to use this feature is there a naming protocol for pics that would be called to change the image according to attribute selected?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    zc1.5.4 with SbyA updated version from github and Winchester Black template (which uses zen colorbox).

In the SbyA changelog notes, gives example code changes for tpl_modules_main_product_image.php, with examples for default template and for lightbox. The file in the package has the edit already in it for default, but there is <!-- and --> around the entire code line. I see that these also appear in the default zc package and in my template package. I thought these marks meant 'comment out' but in notepad++ only the marks themselves appear green while the coding between is not green. So - do these marks have a diff meaning? Do I remove them to activate the SbA attribute pictures.

Also, to use this feature is there a naming protocol for pics that would be called to change the image according to attribute selected?
    The <!-- and --> result in "hiding" the content between them when displayed on a rendered page. (View the source code of the web page and you will see those "lines" in the source code.). There are a number of reasons to do this, but as to notepad++ I do not know about it's "color coding" rules.

As to attribute images, no there is no special naming convention. At the moment support of image swapping based on attribute selection varies depending on the number of attributes associated with the product(s). Single attribute products should support image swapping when properly setup. Multiple attribute products do not currently have the code necessarily incorporated to perform such swapping, or at least no positive feedback has been provided to indicate that it works as expected. That is something still to come.

Plugin Contributions

Oh I realy feel stupid mc12345678. I´m trying to read your text, i´m trying to read stuff in this thread, but its like i´m reading Chinese.

If you go back a few pages, you'll see a detailed description of how to get bla bla bla.... I lost it here allready The second part of what you wrote is even more abracadabra for me.
    May I ask if it is possible for you to take me trough it stap by stap?

Plugin Contributions

Single Attribute Products with SbA version recently on github updated for zc1.5.4.

If I'm reading forum correctly - the functioning of the mod for single attribute products isn't 'finshed'?

When set for SbA-sequencial-dropdowns I don't get stock levels and I get a "the combination of options you have selected is currently out of stock...." message. Set as single dropdown or radio buttons, I don't get a stock showing, though I do get an 'out of stock' if the level is zero.

I fudged around it by adding a second attribute with only one variant. This works, though customer must select second attribute from a dropdown list of one. A wee bit wonky but its functional and applies to only two products so its not killing me.

Yet, I thought I'd ask if there a cleaner work around that I've missed in the forum?

Plugin Contributions

Don't worry, Pompidompie, I haven't forgotten you, just need some time to reply with a bit more of an "international" perspective. :)

Single Attribute Products with SbA version recently on github updated for zc1.5.4.

If I'm reading forum correctly - the functioning of the mod for single attribute products isn't 'finshed'?

When set for SbA-sequencial-dropdowns I don't get stock levels and I get a "the combination of options you have selected is currently out of stock...." message. Set as single dropdown or radio buttons, I don't get a stock showing, though I do get an 'out of stock' if the level is zero.

I fudged around it by adding a second attribute with only one variant. This works, though customer must select second attribute from a dropdown list of one. A wee bit wonky but its functional and applies to only two products so its not killing me.

Yet, I thought I'd ask if there a cleaner work around that I've missed in the forum?
    Read slightly wrong. Single attributes are functioning just fine, provided Dynamic Dropdowns is not activated for single attributes... (This is in a way why I didn't want to incorporate Dynamic Dropdowns as the number of possibile options increases significantly and the complexity increases as well.)

Simply make sure under the Dynamic Dropdowns configuration screen to not havethe single attributes option appear either by setting the value to 2 or 0.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ...Simply make sure under the Dynamic Dropdowns configuration screen to not havethe single attributes option appear either by setting the value to 2 or 0.
    Thank you for your help. Setting to '0' I get no stock levels other than 'out of stock' for multi or single variable products. Set to '2' I got stock levels for double variable, but still nadda for singles. I fiddled with Option Name Mgr config, where I had both my option names (Size, Colour) set to 'SbA Select List'. By changing Size option to 'Dropdown' and either leaving Colour as 'SbA' or changing also to 'Dropdown' I get the stock levels showing on both multi and single variable products. Yay.

Curiously, since I couldn't stop fiddling, I experimented with the other option types in the Option Name Mgr config - radio, checkbox, text - in all of these the single variable products changed to the style selected, but the multi variable products all stayed as dropdowns with the stock showing. Also curiously, under no settings could I get colour swatches to show up. (I don't really need them as my photos cover it - I used the swatches in 1.3.9 site where my SbyA was in grid format.)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help. Setting to '0' I get no stock levels other than 'out of stock' for multi or single variable products. Set to '2' I got stock levels for double variable, but still nadda for singles. I fiddled with Option Name Mgr config, where I had both my option names (Size, Colour) set to 'SbA Select List'. By changing Size option to 'Dropdown' and either leaving Colour as 'SbA' or changing also to 'Dropdown' I get the stock levels showing on both multi and single variable products. Yay.

Curiously, since I couldn't stop fiddling, I experimented with the other option types in the Option Name Mgr config - radio, checkbox, text - in all of these the single variable products changed to the style selected, but the multi variable products all stayed as dropdowns with the stock showing. Also curiously, under no settings could I get colour swatches to show up. (I don't really need them as my photos cover it - I used the swatches in 1.3.9 site where my SbyA was in grid format.)
    Realize that you've found some settings that work, but double check your configuration settings in the stock section regarding some of those settings in relation to single attribute product and the SBA dropdown. If the single SBA dropdowns have been affected, then I would say I've done something wrong because potteryhouse and jeking had worked to make sure that single attribute product (items having only one option name associated) functioned properly and I have tried not to impact that

As for the case where multiple attributes are used (more than one option name), at this time if Dynamic Dropdowns is on for multiple attributes, everything with multiple attributes will be presented as a dropdown. And no it's not just because the plugin is called that, there is the possibility already builtin to use radioboxes, but for me? One thing at a time. :)

Images: supposedly there is a way to work it with single attributes (again not using the Dynamic Dropdown single attributes option) to show images with the attributes. That was something p&j worked on to completion/success. The multiple attributes takes a little work to get there but there is a plan to provide the maximum flexibility in image setup.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Don't worry, Pompidompie, I haven't forgotten you, just need some time to reply with a bit more of an "international" perspective. :)
    Thats oke