Page 8 of 356 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebred View Post
    Okay, I've got that fixed. Things seem to be working as expected, accept that the remaining stock doesn't work on products with attributes. I have it set to show the remaining stock in the shopping cart if the customer added more than what is availble. For products without attributes, the amount shows up, but for products without attributes, the number doesn't.
    Melissa
    http://store.equineshop.biz
    Sorry, but I'm confused by this post. Visiting your site didn't help as I could see the low stock messages in your shopping cart for products with and without attributes, but could see no stock remaining figures elsewhere, whether the products had attributes or not. Do you have some specific examples?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I have it set to show the number remaining when the customer adds more than what is available. For my products with attributes, if a customers adds a product to the cart, and the number they add is less than the total stock available, it doesn't show any message, even if there isn't enough stock of the specific variant they chose. For instance, go to http://store.equineshop.biz/index.ph...products_id=75 and add any color, but red or yellow. Currently we only have 1 red and 1 yellow available. If I add 1 black hat can, it does not show that my stock is low, even though I don't have any black available in black.
    Thanks,
    Melissa

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I have it set to show the number remaining when the customer adds more than what is available. For my products with attributes, if a customers adds a product to the cart, and the number they add is less than the total stock available, it doesn't show any message, even if there isn't enough stock of the specific variant they chose. For instance, go to http://store.equineshop.biz/index.ph...products_id=75 and add any color, but red or yellow. Currently we only have 1 red and 1 yellow available. If I add 1 black hat can, it does not show that my stock is low, even though I don't have any black available in black.
    Thanks,
    Melissa
    you have set it correctly as if I add 1 black hat can, it does not show low stock but if I enter more than 1 quantity, eg. 2, well the message appear "Products marked with currently back ordered*** are out of stock.
    Items not in stock will be placed on backorder." together with the currently available stock!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tajul_ashyqin View Post
    you have set it correctly as if I add 1 black hat can, it does not show low stock but if I enter more than 1 quantity, eg. 2, well the message appear "Products marked with currently back ordered*** are out of stock.
    Items not in stock will be placed on backorder." together with the currently available stock!
    Yes, but there are 0 black hat cans, so if I add 1 it should show that it is currently back ordered and that there is 0 available stock.

Plugin Contributions

Default Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Have you defined all the respectives attributes of those stocks?! it should be ok... If the problem still persist, try re-installing it one more time including the SQL patch (remove the old table first!)...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Are you seeing this on a clean database? Or on a copy of your client's database? If the latter, has your client's database been upgraded from 1.2? If so, could you post a copy of the product_attributes table schema?
    It's a copy of the client's database, not a clean one, and it has been upgraded to 1.3.6. Here's the table schema, did I export the right part/does it tell you anything?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lemuria View Post
    It's a copy of the client's database, not a clean one, and it has been upgraded to 1.3.6. Here's the table schema, did I export the right part/does it tell you anything?
    Yes you exported the right. Yes it tells us something, indeed it gives us most of the answer.

The sixth entry down in this table schema is
    `options_values_price_w` varchar(150) collate latin1_general_ci default '0',
    That's not a part of base Zen Cart and is most likely left over from an add-on installed on your client's 1.2 Zen Cart. It might be something to do with dual pricing or wholesale pricing. Whatever it is, it's changing the shape of the table so that the product_attributes update no longer "fits". Either you need to locate the add-on that inserted this and find out how it changes product_attributes.php to update the table appropriately, or if the add-on is no longer going to be used, delete this column from the product_attributes table.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but there are 0 black hat cans, so if I add 1 it should show that it is currently back ordered and that there is 0 available stock.
    Which version of Zen Cart are you using?

When you fixed the earlier problem, did you do so by editing the file, or downloading a new version of the add-on?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, kuroi! It turned out to be this problem, and the solution posted there worked:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ing+attributes

Plugin Contributions

Well, I first tried editing the file. Apparently I did that wrong. I downloaded the new version and uploaded the files. Things still weren't working. I went and deleted the table, overwrote the core zencart files to get things back to the way they were before the install. I then tried to install the sql patch and it gave me an error message saying there were duplicate entries. So, what do I do now. I'm afraid I've really screwed things up.
    Melissa

Page 8 of 356 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast