Page 316 of 356 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3552
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Again, welcome to post the configurations, interested in items that are flagged as base price, default (or not), display only (or not) and sort order at least as relates to attributes marked with the two previous settings. DPU will display a starting at price with the lowest calculated price possible when no attributes are selected based on those settings. Also note on one or more of the referenced product that there are some "steps" that are duplicated. Didn't make sense to me, not sure about other customers.
    Sorry! I was trying to figure out if any of the changes I had made to the classes>dynamic_price_updater.php file were the culprit, but no.

Here are the attribute settings for that product. This is a build your own system type of product, the reason why there were duplicate items.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dpu1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	18743

Plugin Contributions

That image is ridiculously small. What is wrong with me today!

Maybe this works better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mvstudio; 5 Dec 2019 at 01:07 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Both images have their "problems", but I believe I can see all that is there. So, I don't know that I have ever seen priced-by-attribute product setup this way in an operational store and perhaps there is something about the code that doesn't know how to handle it (even though it is code borrowed from the ZC equivalent. What I would expect is that all attributes at least other than the "please select..." ones to have the base price marked. Regardless of if the "lowest" priced one(s) were marked. If nothing else, future management of them is made easier in that do not need to "search" for the cheapest and make sure it is marked if say the individual prices get changed. I'll try to setup a product this way, but may I recommend taking a look at a store installation that has the demo product installed and look at the setup of products 132 and 160 (both are golf clubs set to be priced by attribute). All of the clubs are marked as base price. Unfortunately, you don't see the highly recommended "please select" option in these (nor many/all?) option names.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Both images have their "problems", but I believe I can see all that is there. So, I don't know that I have ever seen priced-by-attribute product setup this way in an operational store and perhaps there is something about the code that doesn't know how to handle it (even though it is code borrowed from the ZC equivalent. What I would expect is that all attributes at least other than the "please select..." ones to have the base price marked. Regardless of if the "lowest" priced one(s) were marked. If nothing else, future management of them is made easier in that do not need to "search" for the cheapest and make sure it is marked if say the individual prices get changed. I'll try to setup a product this way, but may I recommend taking a look at a store installation that has the demo product installed and look at the setup of products 132 and 160 (both are golf clubs set to be priced by attribute). All of the clubs are marked as base price. Unfortunately, you don't see the highly recommended "please select" option in these (nor many/all?) option names.
    Leave it up to me to figure out a way to use priced-by-attributes in a whole different way that is not supposed to

I don't have a store to play with that would have the products you suggested. However I did tes with different settings and this is what I found.

1) Marking all of the options as base price except for the "select..." with DPU on and the behavior didn't change. I turned off DPU and it works just fine. The price comes down to $135.00 Sale: $101.25 which is the calculation of all the lowest price options.

2) I removed all the "select ..." from the options and marked all options as base price with DPU on and the same behavior is present. I turned off DPU and it works fine. The price comes down to $135.00 Sale: $101.25 as in the previous test.

3) Having all the "select... " removed I marked only one option on each pull down as base price with DPU on and the same thing happened. I turned off DPU and it works fine. The price comes down to $185.00 Sale: $138.75 which is the calculation for the base price options I marked.

Another thing that I noticed the original price doesn't display in this setting, only the sale price, opposite to what was happening before.

It's quite interesting this behavior happens only with this product. The rest of the products in the entire store work fine. Granted I don't have other products with these many priced-by-attributes options to compare. I can't think of any other ways to set up this product so that DPU is ok with it.

Sorry for the headache I gave you today.

I'm hoping at least for now customers will figure out by changing the selections the price updates to reflect the sale.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Leave it up to me to figure out a way to use priced-by-attributes in a whole different way that is not supposed to

I don't have a store to play with that would have the products you suggested. However I did tes with different settings and this is what I found.

1) Marking all of the options as base price except for the "select..." with DPU on and the behavior didn't change. I turned off DPU and it works just fine. The price comes down to $135.00 Sale: $101.25 which is the calculation of all the lowest price options.

2) I removed all the "select ..." from the options and marked all options as base price with DPU on and the same behavior is present. I turned off DPU and it works fine. The price comes down to $135.00 Sale: $101.25 as in the previous test.

3) Having all the "select... " removed I marked only one option on each pull down as base price with DPU on and the same thing happened. I turned off DPU and it works fine. The price comes down to $185.00 Sale: $138.75 which is the calculation for the base price options I marked.

Another thing that I noticed the original price doesn't display in this setting, only the sale price, opposite to what was happening before.

It's quite interesting this behavior happens only with this product. The rest of the products in the entire store work fine. Granted I don't have other products with these many priced-by-attributes options to compare. I can't think of any other ways to set up this product so that DPU is ok with it.

Sorry for the headache I gave you today.

I'm hoping at least for now customers will figure out by changing the selections the price updates to reflect the sale.
    I just stumbled on the issue. It isn't DPU the one causing the problem, it's the option Enable Dynamic Dropdowns on Products with Attributes Stock the one that causes the calculation error. I turned it off and the product now provides a base total.

Plugin Contributions

I just stumbled on the issue. It isn't DPU the one causing the problem, it's the option Enable Dynamic Dropdowns on Products with Attributes Stock the one that causes the calculation error. I turned it off and the product now provides a base total.
    OK, but then product that have multiple attributes won't have stock control on the product page. Would say then the issue is the attribute tags used with the "old" dynamic dropdowns. There is a setting in DD to allow using the ZC default IDs.would suggest setting DD to 2 and that option to true. See what happens then. Although on my demo site I have this set to false and am not having the same issue with product priced by Attributes. Have you used the DPU code from: https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...ter/tree/3.2.1
    ?

Plugin Contributions

OK, but then product that have multiple attributes won't have stock control on the product page. Would say then the issue is the attribute tags used with the "old" dynamic dropdowns. There is a setting in DD to allow using the ZC default IDs.would suggest setting DD to 2 and that option to true. See what happens then. Although on my demo site I have this set to false and am not having the same issue with product priced by Attributes. Have you used the DPU code from: https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...ter/tree/3.2.1
    ?
    I have DPU 3.2.0. I don't know if that makes a big difference. I did have it as you've mentioned and it wasn't working. When I turned of Enable Dynamic Dropdowns the behavior stopped. No matter in which setting I place it, it doesn't work. I'll download and install the latest DPU and double check all the files for PAS one more time to make sure I didn't mess up anything. I'll play around with the settings once I verify/update everything and let you know what I find.

Thanks so much for looking into this. I appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

I have DPU 3.2.0. I don't know if that makes a big difference. I did have it as you've mentioned and it wasn't working. When I turned of Enable Dynamic Dropdowns the behavior stopped. No matter in which setting I place it, it doesn't work. I'll download and install the latest DPU and double check all the files for PAS one more time to make sure I didn't mess up anything. I'll play around with the settings once I verify/update everything and let you know what I find.

Thanks so much for looking into this. I appreciate it.
    I just tried again where I setup a product that had two attributes, each attribute had a "please choose" attribute, all other attributes had a price, all attributes had base price marked (even the please choose ones), the please choose were marked as default and display only (so minimum of three bullets marked). In Dynamic Dropdowns, I had Enable set to 2, use ZC default HTML attribute tags set to false, when the product was loaded the attributes showed as "First Select..." and the second one as "Next select..." and the price showed as "Starting as..." and the price associated with potentially selecting the lowest priced attributes out of each group as is expected... I haven't fully compared to be sure that nothing is on my side that is not available. I do have one feature added in the code to account for discount attribute quantities, but that doesn't affect the aspect about which we are talking.

Plugin Contributions

I just tried again where I setup a product that had two attributes, each attribute had a "please choose" attribute, all other attributes had a price, all attributes had base price marked (even the please choose ones), the please choose were marked as default and display only (so minimum of three bullets marked). In Dynamic Dropdowns, I had Enable set to 2, use ZC default HTML attribute tags set to false, when the product was loaded the attributes showed as "First Select..." and the second one as "Next select..." and the price showed as "Starting as..." and the price associated with potentially selecting the lowest priced attributes out of each group as is expected... I haven't fully compared to be sure that nothing is on my side that is not available. I do have one feature added in the code to account for discount attribute quantities, but that doesn't affect the aspect about which we are talking.
    I just did exactly as you. The first attribute displays "First select..." and so on with all of them. No starting at, price is $0.00 discount is $0.00. I thought this would be an issue I have created by modifying the pad_ files in the included>classes, changes were cosmetic only, removed the tables and added div, so I uploaded the original files and same thing. No starting at, price $0.00 and no discount displays. I'm really puzzled by this.
    M.Valenti
    Contemporary Artist - Entrepreneur
    http://www.manuelavalenti.com - http://www.byvalenti.com

Plugin Contributions

I just did exactly as you. The first attribute displays "First select..." and so on with all of them. No starting at, price is $0.00 discount is $0.00. I thought this would be an issue I have created by modifying the pad_ files in the included>classes, changes were cosmetic only, removed the tables and added div, so I uploaded the original files and same thing. No starting at, price $0.00 and no discount displays. I'm really puzzled by this.
    Have you checked that the page passes html validation? wondering if there is an issue with the content of the page before making the first selection.