Page 343 of 356 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.5.1+

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    Would love to see a demo or can someone answer a question. I was told in another form that this program would do this.

Have product A, B ,and C
    You select A which has a color attribute with the options of red, green, and blue. When you click on red it then will give you a image attribute with the options of 1, 2, 3. If you were to pick green it would give you the options for 4, 5, 6.

Will this do the above?
    Yes, absolutely yes it supports this type of handling. It is accomplished through the use of the sba sequenced dropdown filtering for product that have multiple attributes which also is the default setting. Basically when a product has two or more option names (color and whatever group represents 1 through 6 above) then selection of the first choice will affect the option values available for the second choice.

I have it installed on one of my development servers but was going to put a sample product on my lieve server with associated controls to prevent actually purchasing one of the items. I don't need to deal with that whole issue or also "why haven't I received this free item" type thing...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so a little more thought, below is what i need.
    Click on item Font XYZ
    You have a drop down for height, options are 1, 2, and 3
    For each height option i need it to bring up a test option So you click 2 it would bring up the 2 inch text from the option names that would give you a test box.

If you click the 3 it would bring up a 3 inch text box.
    I know I can control price for price for the attributes in the 1, 2, and 3, but if I set the price per letter when a person enters test it will not add it to the cart. So I have to do a single text for each of the height options

Plugin Contributions

Just to say I did the Full/Upgrade DB Install Do I need to run any of the other sql files? How do I setup the selection of the first choice will affect the option values available for the second choice. Second value is a text box

Plugin Contributions

Just to say I did the Full/Upgrade DB Install Do I need to run any of the other sql files? How do I setup the selection of the first choice will affect the option values available for the second choice. Second value is a text box
    This module is primarily for tracking stock of items that have attributes. From the previous description of need, it seems that the stock aspect for usage of this is not really a need, but the other capability offered is. So, that said, likely when creating desirable variants, will want to use huge quantities.

So, then comes the issue of addressing the request. As is, because core Zen Cart software doesn't offer the ability to multiply attribute cost factors, the "simplest" method to the above is to have each text box have its own price per character setting. I would have suggested possibly using price factors as well, but that too has its internal "issues". So... I would envision that there would be one option name of font size and three text boxes or however many support the option values. Then, to add a variant that uses the chosen font size and the associated text box at the above absurd quantity or as befits the product quantity that is associated. A little more on that in a moment.

Ok, so what this does on the product page though is display an option name of font size and one each text box for calculations. Problem there is that customer doesn't really know what to do with that configuration. Further, there is the issue that if they select 1, put text in box "1" then selecting 2 requires re-entry of the text... And that's before even thinking of how to make the process easier for the customer.

The way I see to make it easier for the customer is to offer a single text field where the text is entered, with that content placed in the field that applies to the font size selected. The reason for this is so that the end resulting text field is the only one that should have the desired text to support the calculations, but the user only enters info one time. That all would involve additional javascript/jQuery to shuffle the text around for storage/price calculation and that would also involve hiding the field(s) from the customer's view to ease the process.

Lastly though, because of what I said in the first paragraph, I'm not so sure that the sought after dependent attributes is really what addresses implementation sought. E.g., there isn't really a "dependency" about that stock. There's a relationship between atribute selection, but its more about the internals of Zen Cart than the product itself. As far as the product, font size and entered text is the dependency, pricing based on the font size is what is actually being addressed.

THAT I actually think could be addressed through the notifier/observer system at least as far as the shopping cart and order classes are concerned.

Anyways, while I am now in ramble mode, let me address one of the other parts a little more. Adding variants to force availability. When the store is setup to prevent checkout with no available stock, then to prevent a combination from being chosen to check out, if that combination has no stock available, it will be prevented. Such as a stock of 0. A conbination that is not defined can check out so long as the core product has sufficient stock remaining. Further with that, if a variant has quantity, but the core product does not, then the variant can not be checked out. This is why the admin screen for variants offers info about how the sum of variants relates to the total available product. Not everyone sells product the same way or with the same dependency of variants to stock. For example, may have a thousand beads for a necklace, but only 20 strands of necklace that can be sold. That leads to a shortcoming of this module as thus far implemented. Its not (yet) possible to identify a central container of say red beads that could be used across multiple product ina stock tracing aspect. It is possible to indicate an unlimited number of such an option value so that the stock would not be internally tracked, but I digress from your needs...

So.. in summary, based on the operational need, I don't see that this module really offers the best solution for what has been described. I would suggest that the observer system for attribute related aspects be considered to support designating the attribute's cost based on the selection made in the first dropdown. This is based on the characteristic that there doesn't appear to be a need to track the stock of these attributes, that there are ways to swap out the image of the entered text which are going to naturally need to use javascript/jquery (unless a popup window is shown when a sample is desired to be seen) and the need to incorporate text population to the correct field(s) to provide a decent customer experience.

As to seeing the most capability of this software in attribute setup, setting the option name type to the SBA Simple Select (Dropdown) type offers the more central stock dependency of displaying the option value quantity available based on previous/earlier selections. One caveat that remains at the moment is that the first option name should not be a read-only type option name. Such can be the second on, but not first).

Plugin Contributions

So I fallow somewhat. for attribute for text its a charge per letter. and its a different charge according to the height. I'm just trying to not have to make a single item for all ten heights

Plugin Contributions

So I fallow somewhat. for attribute for text its a charge per letter. and its a different charge according to the height. I'm just trying to not have to make a single item for all ten heights
    My turn to indicate that somewhat follow. Not sure about the last sentence. My thought was that a single product would exist where that product has two option names: height and text. The height option name would have your ten different sizes. The text option name would get populated by the customer(s).

I haven't gone looking for your site, I assume that the above is desired as it would be "simple" in day-to-day management although have to come through the remainder of forcing the calculations and storage of those results. At the same time would having it all combined like that in some way significantly reduce the number of product sold? For some reason I envision a store that has like 50-100 product currently that might be reduced to like 10. :) while seeing something like that would become very manageable, I could see how it might be undesirable.

Plugin Contributions

Yes that’s what I would like. Only issue is with the text box it’s a charge per letter each heigh has a different. Price per letter. I can set up the drop box easy for the height. But for the text I would have to show one line for each height so it would pull the correct charge for height. https://thecubden.org/store1 is my temporary store I’m working with.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

SBA Version 1.5.4 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.7d

Just upgraded my zencart from 1.5.6 and updated SBA to current version

All works well except the checkout confirmation fails giving error
    Call to undefined function zen_get_customid() in /includes/templates/my_templates/templates/tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php :151

Line 151 reads:
    if( $tmpCheck != zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes) ){
    $tmpCheck = zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes);
    $customid .= ' ' . zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes) . ' ';
    }

So, any idea why this function is undefined to this script and what can i do about it. Help anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frumious View Post
    SBA Version 1.5.4 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.7d

Just upgraded my zencart from 1.5.6 and updated SBA to current version

All works well except the checkout confirmation fails giving error
    Call to undefined function zen_get_customid() in /includes/templates/my_templates/templates/tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php :151

Line 151 reads:
    if( $tmpCheck != zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes) ){
    $tmpCheck = zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes);
    $customid .= ' ' . zen_get_customid($order->products[$i]['id'],$attributes) . ' ';
    }

So, any idea why this function is undefined to this script and what can i do about it. Help anyone?
    Should note that there no longer are changes to that file as part of a Zen Cart 1.5.7 installation. It should be restored to its original state.

Additionally, the use of functions has over the last several years transitioned to class methods. If you truly wish to keep that modification (though you may see duplicate results based on how the code has been modified to not need so many file edits), then change:
    zen_get_customid
    to
    $_SESSION['pwas_class2']->zen_get_customid

Really the only template (or template override) modifications still a part of this software are:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php
    and
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Further, in the install/upgrade, should (have) use(d) the recent version of the SBA software so that in rebuilding the store to include the plugin, less had to be done.

Even the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php file is now obsolete and doesn't need to be modified to support this plugin. The base version of the file is all that is needed.

Plugin Contributions

I have a product made up of attributes. The customer can select which attributes they want in the product. They can select one or as many attributes as they want. I want to keep track of the stock of each attribute. I saw the following comment in includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 1588 of the June 10, 2021 distribution on github:
    Code:
    // @TODO: at some point to be able to handle combinations of PWAS table items such that there are combinations of records or variants making up a single product.
    so I assume the code can not handle this case at this time. Am I correct? Thanks.
    Last edited by Dave224; 16 Mar 2022 at 09:05 PM.